Development of a Quantitative Determination Procedure for Polyphenolic Compounds in Medicinal Plant Raw Material and Medicinal Herbal Preparations Using TLC with Stepwise Elution
- 1 Downloads
A cost-effective and rapid procedure to identify and quantify polyphenolic biologically active compounds of plant origin (with gallic acid, tannin, and quercetin as examples) using high-performance thin-layer chromatography (HPTLC) was developed. The optimal TLC conditions were chosen experimentally and justified theoretically with quantitative interpretation of the HPTLC data on a PC. The proposed method was tested using medicinal plant raw materials such as nettle leaves, common oak bark, and sea buckthorn fruit. The procedure could be used for quality control of drug substances, single-component and complex preparations, plant materials, biologically active additives, premixes, food items, and cosmetics.
Keywordspolyphenolic biologically active compounds gallic acid tannin quercetin high-performance TLC
- 1.A. A. Mal’tseva, A. S. Chistyakova, A. A. Sorokina, et al., Vestn. Beloruss. Gos. Univ., Ser.: Khim., Biol. Farm., No. 2, 203 – 205 (2013).Google Scholar
- 2.E. N. Grin’ko, Farmatsiya, No. 5, 49 – 53 (2010).Google Scholar
- 3.E. N. Grin’ko, Author’s Abstract of a Candidate Dissertation in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Moscow (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.O. V. Trineeva and A. I. Slivkin, Farmatsiya, No. 1, 16 – 19 (2014).Google Scholar
- 5.O. V. Trineeva, N. S. Shikunova, and A. I. Slivkin, Farmatsiya, No. 3, 16 – 21 (2016).Google Scholar
- 6.I. V. Popov, I. N. Andreeva, and M. V. Gavrilin, Khim.-farm. Zh., 37(7), 24 – 26 (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Chumakova, Author’s Abstract of a Candidate Dissertation in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pyatigorsk (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.O. V. Trineeva, N. S. Shikunova, and A. I. Slivkin, in: Proceedings of the VIIth All-Russian Conference “Physicochemical Processes in Condensed Media and at Interfaces – FAGRAN-2015 [in Russian], Voronezh (2015), pp. 569 – 570.Google Scholar
- 9.F. Geiss, Fundamentals of Thin Layer Chromatography, A. Huthig, Heidelberg, New York (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.O. B. Rudakov, I. A. Vostrov, S. V. Fedorov, et al., A Chromatographer’s Companion. Liquid Chromatography Methods [in Russian], Vodolei, Voronezh (2004).Google Scholar
- 11.State Pharmacopoeia of the Russian Federation, XIIIth Ed., Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow (2015); http: // www.femb.ru/feml.
- 12.O. V. Trineeva, A. I. Slivkin, et al., RU Pat. 2,597,661, Sept. 20, 2016; Byull. Izobret., No. 26 (2015).Google Scholar