Prepared σ-MnO2 thin films by chemical bath deposition methods and study of its optical and microstructure properties
- 24 Downloads
In this work, σ-MnO2 thin films deposited by chemical bath deposition method at three concentration of solution. The influence of concentration on thickness, micromorphology and optical parameters were investigated by XRD, SEM, UV–Vis spectrophotometer, atomic force microscopic and multifractal analyses. The optical band gap of thin films is decreased with increase in concentration. The optical parameters: refractive index and real part of dielectric constant are increased with increase in concentration, but decrease in extinction coefficient and imaginary parts of dielectric constant are observed. The micromorphology and roughness of layers surface are changed as function of concentration. The studied samples have multifractal properties and can be included in computer algorithms useful for graphical representation of 3-D microtexture surfaces of σ-MnO2 thin films.
KeywordsChemical bath deposition Thin films Concentration MnO2 Multifractal analysis Optical properties
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Gwyddion 2.37 software (Copyright©2004–2007, 2009–2014 Petr Klapetek, David Nečas, Christopher Anderson) (2018). http://gwyddion.net. Accessed 10 April 2018
- Klug, H.P., Alexander, L.E.: X-ray Diffraction Procedures Polycrys-Talline and Amorphous Materials, p. 512. Wiley, New York (1954)Google Scholar
- Mansouri Majd, S., Salimi, A., Astinchap, B.: Label-free attomolar detection of lactate based on radio frequency sputtered of nickel oxide thin film field effect transistor. Biosens. Bioelectron. 28(3), 493–502 (2016)Google Scholar
- Mott, N.F., Davis, E.A.: Electronic Processes in Non-crystalline Materials. Clarendon Press, Oxford (1971)Google Scholar
- Pandey, B.K., Shahi, A.K., Gopal, R.: Optical and electrical transport properties of MnO nanoparticles. J. ASP 283, 430–437 (2013)Google Scholar
- Pang, S.C., Wee, B.H., Chin, S.F.: The capacitive behaviors of manganese dioxide thin film electrochemical capacitor prototypes. Int. J. Electrochem. 2011, 397685 (2011)Google Scholar
- Salimi, A., Mansouri Majd, S., Astinchap, B.: Manganese oxide nanoparticles/reduced graphene oxide as novel electrochemical platform for immobilization of FAD and its application as highly sensitive persulfate sensor. Electroanalysis 28(3), 493–502 (2015)Google Scholar
- Ţălu, Ş.: Micro and Nanoscale Characterization of Three Dimensional Surfaces. Basics and Applications. Napoca Star Publishing House, Cluj-Napoca (2015)Google Scholar
- Xia, W., Wang, D., Lou, X.: Shape-controlled synthesis of MnO2 nanostructures with enhanced electro catalytic activity for oxygen reduction. J. Phys. Chem. 114, 1694–1700 (2009)Google Scholar