Dispersion behavior of electromagnetic wave near the resonance in 1D magnetized ferrite photonic crystals
- 93 Downloads
In the present article, we have analyzed the dispersion of electromagnetic wave in the one dimensional magnetized ferrite photonic crystals near the resonance in the permeability of the constituent materials for transverse magnetization in the transverse electric mode. The dispersion relation is obtained by transfer matrix method. It is observed that in the vicinity of resonant frequency, large numbers of oscillations occur in the normalized Bloch wave number. These oscillations in the Bloch wave number are strongly dependent on external magnetic fields, filling factor, and damping constant. The frequency regime of these oscillations is found to be shifted in higher frequency range with increase in the magnitude of the magnetic fields. With increase in the filling factor keeping length of periods fixed, number of oscillations is found to be increased. Near the resonance, effect of incident angle is negligible. It is demonstrated that these nearly equidistant oscillations occurring in the vicinity of resonance may be used for making filter in micro wave frequency range.
KeywordsMagnetized ferrite photonic crystals Resonant frequency Incident angle Filling factor Dispersion
The authors are grateful to Dr. A. K. Singh and Dr. D. P. Singh for their continuous encouragement and supports in many ways.
- Bi, K., Huang, K., Zeng, L.Y., Zhou, M.H., Wang, Q.M., Wang, Y.G., Lei, M.: Tunable dielectric properties of ferrite-dielectric based metamaterial. PLoS ONE 10, 1–8 (2015)Google Scholar
- Fuller, A.J.: Baden: Ferrite at Microwave Frequency, 2nd edn. New York, Wiley publication (1989)Google Scholar
- Gurevich, A.G., Melkov, G.A.: Magnetization Oscillations and Waves, 1st edn. CRC Press, Taylor and Francies (1996)Google Scholar
- Márquez-Islas, R., Flores-Desirena, B., Pérez-Rodríguez, F.: Exciton polaritons in one-dimensional metal-semiconductor photonic crystals. J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 8(12), 6584–6588 (2008)Google Scholar
- Pozar, D.M.: Microwave Engineering, 3rd edn. Wiley publication, New York (2014)Google Scholar
- Yeh, P.: Optical Waves in Layered Media, 2nd edn. New York, Wiley (1988)Google Scholar