Nonlinear gain feedback adaptive DSC for a class of uncertain nonlinear systems with asymptotic output tracking
- 48 Downloads
This paper proposes an adaptive dynamic surface controller with nonlinear gain feedback for a class of uncertain nonlinear systems to achieve the asymptotic output tracking. A nonlinear filter is designed to eliminate the effects raised by the boundary layer error at each step in the dynamic surface control (DSC) procedure. Meanwhile, a new nonlinear gain function, which can regulate the control ability automatically, is designed to improve the dynamic performance of system. Then, an adaptive controller is explicitly designed to achieve the asymptotic output tracking. Moreover, a novel Lyapunov function is designed to analyze the stability of the proposed algorithm. The proposed DSC algorithm not only can avoid the inherent problem of “explosion of complexity” in the back-stepping procedure, but also can achieve the asymptotic output tracking and improve the dynamic performance. Some simulations are shown to demonstrate the effectiveness and advantages of the proposed controller.
KeywordsDynamic surface control Asymptotic output tracking Nonlinear gain feedback Nonlinear system
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61803040), China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (No. 2018M643556), the Natural Science Basic Research Plan in Shaanxi Province of China (Nos. 2017JQ6060, 2018JQ6098) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central University of China(Nos. 300102328403, 300102328303, 310832163403).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflicts of interest
The authors declared that they have no conflict of interest.
- 4.Tong, S., Zhang, L., Li, Y.: Observed-based adaptive fuzzy decentralized tracking control for switched uncertain nonlinear large-scale systems with dead zones. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. Syst. 46(1), 37 (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, Y.-H., Hu, X., Huang, L.: Adaptive asymptotic tracking of uncertain nonlinear systems with unknown hysteresis nonlinearity. In: 32nd Youth Academic Annual Conference of Chinese Association of Automation (YAC), IEEE, pp. 46–51 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Dong, H., Gao, S., Ning, B., Tang, T., Li, Y., Valavanis, K.P.: Error-driven nonlinear feedback design for fuzzy adaptive dynamic surface control of nonlinear systems with prescribed tracking performance. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. Syst. 99, 1 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.2017.2734698 Google Scholar
- 22.Yoo, S.J., Park, J.B., Choi, Y.H.: Adaptive output feedback control of flexible-joint robots using neural networks: dynamic surface design approach. IEEE Trans. Neural Netw. 19(10), 1712 (2008)Google Scholar
- 25.Wang, W., Yu, Y.: In: International Conference on Informative and Cybernetics for Computational Social Systems, pp. 294–298 (2016)Google Scholar
- 26.Li, H., Dou, L., Su, Z.: Adaptive dynamic surface based nonsingular fast terminal sliding mode control for semistrict feedback system. J. Dyn. Syst. Meas. Control 134(2), 21011 (2012)Google Scholar
- 29.Zuo, Z., Wang, C.: Adaptive trajectory tracking control of output constrained multi-rotors systems. IET Control Theory Appl. 8(13), 1163 (2014)Google Scholar
- 32.Gao, S., Wang, X., Dong, H., Ning, B.: In: IECON 2017-Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, pp. 5906–5911 (2017)Google Scholar