Application of an improved DPCA algorithm in rock-fall monitoring based on synthetic aperture radar
- 37 Downloads
Rockfalls influence the safety of the surrounding infrastructure and the normal operation of transportation lines. The application of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) technology is a new method of rock-fall monitoring and disaster prediction. This paper proposes a new method of dynamic monitoring and parameter estimation for rockfalls based on a multichannel airborne SAR system. First, the signal model of the multichannel airborne SAR system is derived. Then, to improve performance, the traditional displaced phase centre antenna (DPCA) method is extended to three or more receiver channels. This method can be effectively applied for rock-fall target detection, as well as to precisely estimate rock-fall target parameters and resolve the ambiguity issues associated with the estimation of rock-fall target parameters. Finally, simulation results are used to validate the proposed approach.
KeywordsRock-fall target detection Parameters estimation Multichannel synthetic aperture radar system Displaced phase centre antenna
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51609138), Natural Science Foundation of Hebei Province (E2017210147), Collaborative Innovation Center for Disaster Prevention & Mitigation of Large Basic Infrastructure in Hebei Province, and 2018 Traffic and Transportation Science and Technology Planning Project in Hubei Province, the Shandong Provincial Natural Science Foundation (Grant No.: ZR2018BEE045) and the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2018M630780). Great appreciation goes to the editorial board and the reviewers of this paper.
- Baumgartner SV, Krieger G (2012) A priori knowledge-based post-doppler STAP for traffic monitoring applications. In: IGARS, pp 6087–6090Google Scholar
- Cerutti-Maori D, Sikaneta I (2010) Optimum GMTI processing for space-based SAR/GMTI systems-theoretical derivation-[C]. In: EUSAR, 653–656Google Scholar
- Munoz-Ferreras, JM, Perez-Martinez F, Datcu M (2008) Detection of the along-track speed of moving targets in SAR imagery based on the radon transform. In: European conference on synthetic aperture radar (EUSAR), pp 1–4Google Scholar
- Rosenberg L, Gray DA (2013) Constrained fast-time stap for interference suppression in multichannel SAR. IEEE Trans 49(3):1792–1805Google Scholar
- Yan H, Wang R, Gao CG (2013) A novel clutter suppression algorithm with Kalman filtering. In: IEEE radar conference, pp 1–4Google Scholar