Synthesize ordered macroporous MnO2 and their application as curing agent for polysulfide polymers
- 13 Downloads
Manganese dioxide is often used as a curing agent for polysulfide polymers because of its excellent properties. Here, we synthesize a freshly ordered macroporous MnO2 with crystalline framework walls using a handy method called one-pot operation. It is worth noting that this synthesis approach of the ordered macroporous MnO2 is facile and simple. It can obviously improve the mechanical properties of polysulfide polymers and accelerate the rate of vulcanization.
KeywordsMacroporous Manganese dioxide Polysulfide polymers One-pot operation
We gratefully acknowledge funding support from the Beijing Natural Science Foundation (2182061).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflicts of interest
The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
- Avramenko VA, Bratskaya SY, Karpov PA, Mayorov VY, Mironenko AY, Palamarchuk MS, Sergienko VI (2010) Macroporous catalysts for liquid-phase oxidation on the basis of manganese oxides containing gold nanoparticles. Dokl Phys Chem 2:193–197Google Scholar
- Caddy M (2001) Modified liquid polysulfide polymers: their preparation, characterisation, photocuring and potential photoapplications. University of Warwick 8:1–188Google Scholar
- Capozzi G, Modena G (1974) Oxidation of thiols. The thiol group (1974) Part 2 2:785–839Google Scholar
- Fettes EM, Jorczak JS (1950) Polysulfide polymers. Rubber Chem Technol 42:2217–2223Google Scholar
- Gao W, Bie M, Fu L, Chang PS, Quan YW (2017) Self-healable and reprocessable polysulfide sealants prepared from liquid polysulfide oligomer and epoxy resin. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 9:15798–15808Google Scholar
- Lian LF, Yang J, Xiong PX, Weifeng Zhang WF, Wei MD (2014) Facile synthesis of hierarchical MnO2 submicrospheres composed of nanosheets and their application for supercapacitors. RSC Adv 4:40753–40757Google Scholar
- Ren Y, Ma Z, Morris RE, Liu Z, Jiao F, Dai S, Bruce PG (2013) A solid with a hierarchical tetramodal micro-meso-macro pore size distribution. Nat Commun 4:1–6Google Scholar
- Schulman MA, Yazujian AD (1979) Technology of polysulfide sealants. ACS Symp Ser 113:129–155Google Scholar
- Xiang HP, Rong MZ, Zhang MQ (2016) Self-healing, reshaping, and recycling of vulcanized chloroprene rubber: a case study of multitask cyclic utilization of cross-linked polymer. ACS Sustain Chem Eng 4:2715–2724Google Scholar