Content-based blur image retrieval using quaternion approach and frequency adder LBP
- 9 Downloads
The paper presents a content based image retrieval scheme based on feature extraction and weighing. Features are extracted using frequency adder based local binary pattern and blur detection metric which are then optimally combined using a weighing scheme. Simulations are performed on modified Wang and KTH-TIPS databases, which include images from four different classes of blur respectively. Comparison of simulation results with the state-of-the-art techniques show better retrieval precision and recall values for proposed technique.
KeywordsContent based image retrieval Quaternion Frequency adder local binary pattern Blur detection
- Corel photo collection color image database. http://wang.ist.psu.edu/docs/realted/.
- Hamilton, W. R. (1866). Elements of quaternions. Longmans: Green, & Company.Google Scholar
- KTH-TIPS texture image database. http://www.nada.kth.se/cvap/databases/kth-tips/index.html.
- Pavithra, L. K., & Sharmila, T. S. (2017). An efficient framework for image retrieval using color, texture and edge features. Computers and Electrical Engineering, 70, 1–14.Google Scholar
- Srivastava, P., & Khare, A. (2017). Utilizing multiscale local binary pattern for content-based image retrieval. Multimedia Tools and Applications, 77, 1–27.Google Scholar