Hierarchical visual cryptography for multisecret images based on a modified phase retrieval algorithm
- 11 Downloads
Visual cryptography is generally based on the base matrix scheme or the random grid scheme. These schemes may cause some problems, such as the expansion of the shares and the recovered images and the distortion of the recovered images. In this paper, we propose a modified phase retrieval algorithm and present a hierarchical visual cryptography scheme (HVCS). The scheme overcomes the problems that are mentioned and can share multiple secret images. Considering the differences in the social division of labor, there is a hierarchy between the shared images in the proposed scheme, that is, the participants have different rights. Further, to make the proposed scheme more applicable to practical needs, we propose a generalized HVCS by modifying the phase retrieval algorithm again so that each level can have more than one participant. The effectiveness and feasibility of the proposed scheme are verified by theoretical analysis and numerical simulation.
KeywordsSecret sharing Visual cryptography Multiple secrets sharing Phase retrieval algorithm
The authors would like to thank the reviewers for their valuable comments. This study was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61702088); the Central University Basic Research Service Fees, China (No. N172303014); and the School PhD Fund, Northeastern University, Qinhuangdao, China (XNB201708).
- 1.Chavan PV, Atique M (2012) Design of hierarchical visual cryptography. Nirma University International Conference on Engineering (NUiCONE). IEEE: 1–3Google Scholar
- 5.Gerchberg RW, Saxton WO (1972) A practical algorithm for the determination of phase from image and diffraction plane pictures. Optik 35:237–246Google Scholar
- 9.Naor M, Shamir A (1994) Visual cryptography. Workshop on the Theory and Application of Cryptographic Techniques. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp 1–12Google Scholar
- 10.Patel T, Srivastava R (2016) Hierarchical visual cryptography for grayscale image. Online International Conference on Green Engineering and Technologies (IC-GET). IEEE: 1–4Google Scholar
- 11.Pirbhulal S, Wu W, Li G (2018) A biometric security model for wearable healthcare. IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshops (ICDMW). IEEE: 136–143Google Scholar
- 14.Talat R, Muzammal M, Gohar M, et al. (2019) A decentralised disaster detection approach using image data. IEEE 89th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2019-Spring). IEEE: 1–5Google Scholar
- 16.Wu CC, Chen LH (1998) A study on visual cryptography. Master's thesis, Institute of Computer and Information Science, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, ROC.Google Scholar
- 17.Wu W, Pirbhulal S, Li G (2018) Adaptive computing-based biometric security for intelligent medical applications. Neural Comput & Applic: 1–10Google Scholar