An efficient authentication scheme for high efficiency video coding/H.265
- 4 Downloads
In this paper, a semi-fragile authentication scheme for high efficiency video coding is proposed. In this scheme, 4 × 4 intra luma transform blocks of I-frames are divided into two disjoint subsets. One subset is used for authentication code generation and another subset is used for embedding the generated code. From these subsets, blocks are selected on the basis of the quality and robustness thresholds. These thresholds are calculated at runtime by using a low-complexity spatial analysis. The authentication code is generated based on the relationship between number of positive and negative quantized discrete sine transformed coefficients in a block. The generated authentication code is embedded by altering the magnitudes of quantized discrete sine transformed coefficients during encoding of the video sequence. The process of authentication has low complexity as embedded authentication code can be extracted and verified without full decoding of the encoded bit-stream. Experimental results show that the proposed scheme is efficient in terms of imperceptibility, increase in bit-rate, computational complexity, robustness to re-compression, frame dropping, noise attacks and fragile to malicious attacks.
KeywordsHigh efficiency video coding DST Video authentication Video watermarking
This work is supported by Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) under UGC with application number MANF-2014-15-SIK-PUN-32682.
- 2.Cox I, Miller M, Bloom J, Fridrich J, Kalker T (2008) Digital watermarking and steganography, 2nd edn. The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Multimedia Information and Systems. Elsevier, San FranciscoGoogle Scholar
- 4.Elrowayati AA, Abdullah M, Manaf AA, Alfagi AS (2016) Robust HEVC video watermarking scheme based on repetition-BCH syndrome code. Int J Softw Eng Appl 10(1):263–270Google Scholar
- 6.Furht B, Marques O (2003) Handbook of video databases: design and applications, 1st edn. CRC Press, Boca RatonGoogle Scholar
- 7.Hevc reference software [online], available at: https://hevc.hhi.fraunhofer.de/trac/hevc/browser/tags
- 10.Liu Y, Liu S, Zhao H, Liu S (2018) A new data hiding method for H.265/HEVC video streams without intra-frame distortion drift. Multimed Tools Appl 1–28. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-018-6320-y
- 12.Salomon D (2007) Data compression, 4th edn. Springer, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 18.Sze V, Budagavi M, Sullivan GJ (2014) High efficiency video coding (HEVC), 1st edn. Springer International Publishing, SwitzerlandGoogle Scholar
- 20.Tew Y, Wong K, Phan RCW, Ngan KN (2018) Separable authentication in encrypted hevc video. Multimed Tools Appl 1–20. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042--018--5611--7
- 24.Wien M (2015) High efficiency video coding, 1st edn. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar