Trajectory based abnormal event detection in video traffic surveillance using general potential data field with spectral clustering
- 154 Downloads
Detection of abnormal trajectories in a traffic scene is an important problem in Video Traffic Surveillance (VTS). Recently, General Potential Data Field (GPDf)-based trajectory clustering scheme has been adopted for detecting abnormal events such as illegal U-turn, wrong side and unusual driving behaviors and it uses spatial and temporal attributes explicitly. The concept of data field is used to discover the relation between the spatial points in data-space and grouping them into clusters based on their mutual interaction. Existing methodologies related to potential data field-based clustering have certain limitations such as pre-defined cluster size, non-effective cluster center identification, and limitation in range estimation using isotropic impact factor (h) which leads to inaccurate results. In order to address the above-mentioned issues, this paper proposes an efficient anomaly detection scheme based on General Potential Data field with Spectral Clustering (GPDfSC). The proposed GPDfSC scheme utilizes potential data field technique along with spectral clustering for effective identification of abnormalities. The Limitation in impact factor(h) is overcome by using anisotropic impact parameter Bmat. Further, Bayesian Decision theory is used to classify the events as normal or abnormal. The proposed scheme is implemented in real time using GPU and from the results it is found that it gives 12% better accuracy in detecting abnormalities than the state of art technique.
KeywordsGeneral potential data field Impact factor matrix Spatial trajectory data Dynamic time warping Spectral clustering Abnormal detection
The first author extends his sincere gratitude to Anna university for supporting this research through Anna Centenary Research Fellowship (ACRF) and also grateful to Dr. R. Balasubramanian and Dr. Partha Pratim Roy from IIT-Roorkee for their valuable inputs and suggestions.
- 2.Batapati P, Tran D, Sheng W, Liu M, Zeng R (2014) Video analysis for traffic anomaly detection using support vector machines. 1th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation: 5500–5505. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/WCICA.2014.7053655
- 3.Berndt DJ, Clifford J (1994) Using dynamic time warping to find patterns in time series. KDD workshop 10(16):359–370Google Scholar
- 5.Blatt FJ (1986) Principles of physics (2nd ed.). published: Allyn and Bacon, BostonGoogle Scholar
- 8.Cyert RM, DeGroot MH (1987) Bayesian decision theory. In: Bayesian analysis and uncertainty in economic theory. Springer, DordrechtGoogle Scholar
- 9.Determine the optimal number of cluster. http://www.sthda.com/english/wiki/print.php?id=239. Accessed 26 October 2017
- 10.Djalalov M, Nisar H, Salih Y, Malik AS (2010) An algorithm for vehicle detection and tracking. In Intelligent and Advanced Systems (ICIAS): 1–5. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIAS.2010.5716189
- 16.Hung MH, Pan JS, Hsieh CH (2010) Speed up temporal median filter for background subtraction. 2010 First International Conference on In Pervasive Computing Signal Processing and Applications (PCSPA), 297–300. IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 17.iLIDS datasets. http://www.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/~andrea/avss2007_d.html. Accessed on May 2017/Google Scholar
- 22.Kumar PA, Sathya V, Vaidehi V (2015) Traffic rule violation detection in traffic video surveillance. Int J Comput Sci Electron Eng (IJCSEE) 3(4):301–307Google Scholar
- 24.Li D, Du Y (2007) Artificial intelligence with uncertainty. Chapman and Hall/CRC 193–211Google Scholar
- 26.Liu YH, Chen WQ (2011) Line simplification algorithm implementation and error analysis. IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Automation Engineering 64–68. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/CSAE.2011.5952424
- 28.Meng H-D, Wu P-F, Song Y-C, Xu G-D (2013) Research of clustering algorithm based on different data field model. Trans Tech Public 760-762:1925–1929. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.760-762.1925 Google Scholar
- 30.Ng AY, Jordan MI, Weiss Y (2002) On spectral clustering: analysis and an algorithm. Adv Neural Inf Proces Syst: 849–856.Google Scholar
- 31.NGSHIM datasets. https://data.transportation.gov/Automobiles/Next-Generation-Simulation-NGSIM-Vehicle-Trajector/8ect-6jqj. Accessed on November 2018
- 32.Ranjith R, Athanesious JJ, Vaidehi V (2015) Anomaly detection using DBSCAN clustering technique for traffic video surveillance. In Advanced Computing (ICoAC), Seventh International Conference.1–6. IEEE. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICoAC.2015.7562795
- 35.Wand MP, Jones MC (1995) Kernel smoothing. Number 60 in monographs on statistics and applied probability. Chapman & Hall/CRCGoogle Scholar
- 36.Wang X, Ma KT, Ng GW, Grimson WE (2011) Trajectory analysis and semantic region modeling using nonparametric hierarchical bayesian models. Int J Comput Vis1;95(3):287–312. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11263-011-0459-6.
- 41.Zhou Y, Yan S, Huang TS (2007) Detecting anomaly in videos from trajectory similarity analysis. Multimedia and Expo IEEE International Conference 1087–1090. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICME.2007.4284843