Fast 3D-HEVC inter mode decision algorithm based on the texture correlation of viewpoints
- 19 Downloads
To reduce the computational complexity of 3D-HEVC, a fast inter mode decision algorithm based on texture correlation of adjacent viewpoints is proposed (FMD_inter). By studying the statistical probability of inter prediction mode distributions in 3D-HEVC coding scheme, the mode of dependent view is highly correlated with the base one, which enables the early mode decision. Moreover, by analyzing the relationship between video texture and the inter prediction mode, selectively skip checking symmetric motion partition (SMP) mode and asymmetric motion partition (AMP) mode according to the texture features of coding unit is reasonable. The proposed algorithm is able to achieve a reduction of computational complexity by 18.71% on average, while maintaining the coding efficiency. The subjective quality of the synthesized views also shows the effectiveness of the algorithm.
Keywords3D-HEVC Inter prediction Video compression Skip mode
This work was partially supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 61802136 and 61871434), Natural Science Foundation of Fujian Province (Grant Nos. 2017 J05103 and 2016 J01308), Fujian-100 Talented People Program, High-level Talent Innovation Program of Quanzhou City (Grant No. 2017G027), Promotion Program for Young and Middle-aged Teacher in Science and Technology Research of Huaqiao University (Grant No. ZQN-YX403), High-Level Talent Project Foundation of Huaqiao University (Grant Nos. 16BS709, 14BS201 and 14BS204).
- 1.3D-HEVC reference software (2018) https://hevc.hhi.fraunhofer.de/svn/svn_3DVCSoftware/. Accessed 8 Nov 2018
- 2.Bjontegaard G (2001) Calculation of average PSNR differences between RD-curves. Doc. VCEG-M33 ITU-T Q6/16, 2–4Google Scholar
- 4.Chen Y, Tech G, Wegner K, Yea S (2015) Test model 11 of 3D-HEVC and MV-HEVC. In: Joint Collaborative Team on 3D Video Coding Extension (JCT-3V) Document JCT3V-K1003, 11th Meeting, GenevaGoogle Scholar
- 6.Chi G, Jin X, Dai Q (2015) A fast coding algorithm based on inter-view correlations for 3D-HEVC. In: Visual Communications and Image Processing Conference (VCIP), 374–377Google Scholar
- 7.Fehn C (2004) Depth-image-based rendering (DIBR) compression and transmission for a new approach on 3D-TV. Proc SPIE Stereoscopic Displays and Virtual Reality Systems XI(5291):93Google Scholar
- 10.JCT-VC (2011) Call for proposals on 3D video coding technology, GenevaGoogle Scholar
- 11.Lie WN, Lu YH (2015) Fast encoding of 3D color-plus-depth video based on 3D-HEVC. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), 2685–2689Google Scholar
- 13.Muller K, Vetro A (2014) Common test conditions of 3DV core experimentsGoogle Scholar
- 20.Zhang HB, Fu CH, Chan YL (2016) Probability-based depth intra mode skipping strategy and novel VSO metric for DMM decision in 3D-HEVC. IEEE Transactions on Circuits & Systems for Video Technology 99:1–1Google Scholar