Selection of regularization parameter in GMM based image denoising method
- 53 Downloads
Currently, the image denoising methods using Gaussian mixture model to learn image prior have received much attention. Among these methods, expected patch log likelihood based image denoising approach has been shown to be surprisingly competitive in image restoration. However, recent related works generally utilize global regularization parameter that influences the performance of denoising algorithm. In this paper, with the consideration that the Gaussian mixture model has the capability of clustering, we propose an adaptive estimation method of regularization parameter for expected patch log likelihood based image denoising. Our method jointly employs the Lagrange multiplier technique and entropy concept to select regularization parameter for each underlying cluster. Experimental results illustrate the relatively good performance of our image denoising method in terms of visual improvement and peak signal to noise ratio.
KeywordsImage denoising Gaussian mixture model Regularization parameter selection Lagrange multiplier method
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grants 61572257 and 61672295, the Natural Science Fund for Colleges and Universities in Jiangsu Province (15KJB520025), and the PAPD (a project funded by the priority academic program development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions).
- 11.Lee I, Moon B (2017) An improved stereo matching algorithm with robustness to noise based on adaptive support weight. J Inf Process Syst 13(2):256–267Google Scholar
- 17.Park J (2017) Efficient approaches to computer vision and pattern recognition. J Inf Process Syst 13(6):1431–1435Google Scholar
- 30.Zhang J, Yu Q, Zheng Y, Zhang H, Wu J (2016) Regularization parameter selection for TV image denoising using spatially adaptive local spectral response. J Internet technol 17(6):1117–1124Google Scholar
- 33.Zheng Y, Zhou X, Jeon B, Shen J, Zhang H (2017) Multi-scale patch prior learning for image denoising using Student’s-t mixture model. J Internet technol 18(7):1553–1560Google Scholar
- 34.Zheng Y, Jeon B, Sun L, Zhang J, Zhang H (2017) Student's t-hidden Markov model for unsupervised learning using localized feature selection. IEEE Trans Circuits Syst Video Technol. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2017.2724940
- 35.Zheng Y, Ma K, Yu Q, Zhang J, Wang J (2017) Regularization parameter selection for total variation model based on local spectral response. J Inf Process Syst 13(5):1168–1182Google Scholar
- 36.Zoran D, Weiss Y (2011) From learning models of natural image patches to whole image restoration. International Conference on Computer Vision, p 479–486Google Scholar