A novel adaptive fast partition algorithm based on CU complexity analysis in HEVC
- 58 Downloads
High efficiency video coding (HEVC) is the latest video coding standard. Compared with H.264, the proposal of quad-tree structure not only improves the coding efficiency greatly but also increases complexity of coding. Therefore, this paper performed a fast-adaptive algorithm based on the complexity of images for intra prediction. Two values from micro and macro levels are considered for each coding unit block. We use entropy on the macroscopic level and texture contrast on the microscopic level. Relatively, large pictures always have more smooth blocks and there are more complex blocks in small pictures. To deal with this problem, this study uses adaptive process to make the values of entropy and texture contrast close to the ideal values of the current video, thereby making the division reasonable. Experimental results show that the proposed algorithm can reduce 34.6% coding time on average, with a loss of Bjøntegaard delta rate of 0.8%.
KeywordsHEVC Entropy Texture contrast Unit coding Adaptive
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No.61370111), Beijing Municipal Natural Science Foundation (No.4172020), Great Wall Scholar Project of Beijing Municipal Education Commission (CIT&TCD20180304), Beijing Youth Talent Project (CIT&TCD 201504001), and Beijing Municipal Education Commission General Program (KM201610009003).
- 3.Chen YQ, Duan J, Zhu Y, Qian XF, Xiao B (2015) Research on the image complexity based on neural network. International Conference on Machine Leaning and Cybernetics (ICMLC) 1:295–300Google Scholar
- 4.Chen Y, Bordes P, Poirier T, Racape F (2017) Optimization of sample adaptive band offset in HEVC. Data Compression Conference (DCC) 2017:434–434Google Scholar
- 6.Fang MY, Wen JT (2017) Probabilistic graphical model based fast HEVC inter prediction. IEEE Data Compression Conference, Snowbird, pp 439–439Google Scholar
- 8.Huang H, Wei F (2016) Fast algorithm based on edge density and gradient angle for intra encoding in HEVC. IEEE International Conference on Network Infrastructure and Digital Content (IC-NIDC) 347–351Google Scholar
- 10.Kim YH, Kim TS, Sunwoo MH, Jeong JH (2016) Fast CU size decision method for HEVC using CU split information of adjacent frames. International SoC Design Conference (ISOCC) 331–332Google Scholar
- 19.Wang C (2017) G Feng, fast mode decision algorithm for depth map intra coding in 3D-HEVC. Computer Engineering and Application 53:206–210Google Scholar
- 20.Wang XJ, Xue YL (2017) Fast HEVC Inter Prediction Algorithm Based on Spatio-Temporal Block Information. International symposium on broadband multimedia systems and broadcasting (BMSB), Cagliari, pp 153–157Google Scholar
- 22.Xie X, Xin X, Wang H (2017) A fast coding unit division and mode selection method for HEVC intra prediction. 4th International Conference on Systems and Informatics (ICSAI) 1302–1307Google Scholar
- 23.Xiong L, Zhou W, Zhou X, Zhang G, Qing A (2016) Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA) 1–5Google Scholar