An efficient and self-adapting colour-image encryption algorithm based on chaos and interactions among multiple layers
- 317 Downloads
In this paper, we propose an efficient and self-adapting colour-image encryption algorithm based on chaos and the interactions among multiple red, green and blue (RGB) layers. Our study uses two chaotic systems and the interactions among the multiple layers to strengthen the cryptosystem for the colour-image encryption, which can achieve better confusion and diffusion performances. In the confusion process, we use the novel Rubik’s Cube Scheme (RCS) to scramble the image. The significant advantage of this approach is that it sufficiently destroys the correlation among the different layers of colour image, which is the most important feature of the randomness for the encryption. The theoretical analysis and experimental results show that the proposed algorithm can improve the encoding efficiency, enhances the security of the cipher-text, has a large key space and high key sensitivity, and is also able to resist statistical and exhaustive attacks.
KeywordsColour-image encryption Chaos Interaction of multiple layers Security analysis
This research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61661008, the Guangxi Natural Science Foundation under Grant 2017GXNSFAA198180, 2015GXNSFBA139256 and 2016GXNSFCA380017, the funding of Overseas 100 Talents Program of Guangxi Higher Education, the Research Project of Guangxi University of China under Grant KY2016YB059, Guangxi Key Lab of Multi-source Information Mining & Security under Grant MIMS15-07, the Doctoral Research Foundation of Guangxi Normal University, the grant from Guangxi Experiment Centre of Information Science, and the Innovation Project of Guangxi Graduate Education under Grant YCSZ2017055.
- 12.El Assad S, Farajallah M (2015) A new chaos-based image encryption system. Signal Process Image Commun 41:1–14Google Scholar
- 17.Khade P, Narnaware M (2012) 3D Chaotic Functions for Image Encryption. IJCSI Int J Comput Sci Issues 9(3):323–328Google Scholar
- 24.Luo Y et al. (2017) A Chaos-based Self-adapting RGB Image Permutation Scheme, in 2017 13th International Conference on Natural Computation, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, 320–325Google Scholar
- 26.Pareek NK, Patidar V, Sud KK (2011) Colour Image Encryption Scheme Based on Permutation and Substitution Techniques. in 1st International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology 131:413–427Google Scholar
- 37.Wang X et al (2014) Analysis and improvement of a chaos-based symmetric image encryption scheme using a bit-level permutation. Commun Nonlinear Sci Numer Simul 77(3):36–50Google Scholar