Block compressed sampling of image signals by saliency based adaptive partitioning
- 90 Downloads
In recent years, block compressed sampling (BCS) has emerged as a considerable attractive sampling technology for image acquisition. However, the general BCS approaches ignore the information distribution in the same image sub-block, and may lead to unfair allocation of sampling resources. In this paper, we propose a novel compressed sampling scheme by employing the idea of adaptive partition. In the proposed scheme, images are adaptively partitioned based on their saliency information through clustering, and pixels with similar saliency are gathered in the same sub-blocks. Sampling rates for those blocks, in turn, are computed on the basis of their saliency values, respectively. Therefore the sampling resources are allocated with fairer and more equitable sharing by all sub-blocks. Experimental results show that the proposed scheme has better visual effect and obtains higher image reconstruction accuracy than existing ones.
KeywordsCompressed sampling Image Saliency Clustering
This work is supported by CERNET Innovation Project of China under Grant Number NGII20160323.
- 2.Chen C, Tramel EW, Fowler JE (2011) Compressed-sensing recovery of images and video using multihypothesis predictions. In: Proceeding of IEEE asilomar conference on signals, systems and computers, ASILOMARGoogle Scholar
- 3.Chen Z, Zhang W, Deng Bin, Xie H, Gu Xiaoyan Name-Face Association with Web Facial Image Supervision. Multimedia Systems, in pressGoogle Scholar
- 8.Fowler JE, Mun S, Tramel EW (2011) Multiscale block compressed sensing with smoothed projected landweber reconstruction. In: Proceeding of IEEE European signal processing conferenceGoogle Scholar
- 9.Gao X, Gu Z, Kayaalp M, Pendarakis D, Wang H (2017) ContainerLeaks: emerging security threats of information leakages in container clouds. In: Proceeding of IEEE dependable systems and networks (DSN)Google Scholar
- 11.Hou Y, Zhang Y (2014) Effective image block compressed sensing. In: Proceeding of international conference on pattern recognition (ICPR)Google Scholar
- 18.Liu W, Mei T, Zhang Y, Che C, Luo J (2015) Multi-task deep visual-semantic embedding for video thumbnail selection. CVPR:3707–3715Google Scholar
- 20.Lu G (2007) Block compressed sensing of natural images. Proceedings of the 15th. In: International conference on digital signal processing. wales: institute of electrical and electrical engineering computer society, pp 403–406Google Scholar
- 21.Mun S, Fowler JE (2009) Block compressed sensing of images using directional transforms. In: Proceedings of the international conference on image processing, Cairo, pp 3021–3024Google Scholar
- 22.Shi J, Malik J (2000) Normalized cuts and image segmentation. IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 20(8):888–905Google Scholar
- 24.Wang R, Jiao L, Lu F, Yang S (2013) Block-based adaptive compressed sensing of image using texture information. Acta Electron Sin 41(8):1506–1514Google Scholar