Rapid Method for Determining Boundaries of Former Austenite Grains in Bainitic-Martensitic Steels from Local Orientations of Structural Transformations
A method for rapid determination of former austenite grains in bainitic-martensitic steels employing standard software for processing the results of mapping of crystallographic orientations obtained by electron back-scatter diffraction analysis in a scanning electron microscope is proposed. The method is verified for orientations of retained austenite in steel 09KhN2MD.
Key wordsmicrostructure electron diffraction former austenite grains bainitic-martensitic class steels
Experimental studies were conducted in equipment of the Center for Scientific Equipment Collective Usage “Composition, structure and properties of structural and functional materials” NITs Kurchatov Institute – TsNII KM “Prometey” with financial support of the Ministry of Education and Science within the scope of an agreement No. 14.595.21.0004, unique identifier RFMEF159517X0004.
- 1.S. V. Korotvskaya, V. V. Orlov, and E. I. Khlusova, “Methods for forming ultrafine grained and submicrocrystalline structure of ferrite-bainite steel,” Proizvod. Prokata, No. 10, 6 – 16 (2013).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Zisman, T. V. Soshina, and E. I. Khlusova, “Revelation of a previous austenite grain and analysis of metadynamic recrystallization kinetics for austenite of low-carbon steels under hot rolling conditions,” Pis’ma Mater., 2(1), 3 – 8 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Schastlivtsev, T. I. Tabatchikova, I. L. Yakovleva, et al., “Effect of austenite grain size and degree of deformation on steel structure formation of strength class K60,” Vopr. Materialoved., No. 4-68, 27 – 35 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.E. V. Nesterova, N. Yu. Zolotarevskii, Yu. F. Titovets, and E. I. Khlusova, “Study of misorientation and model for forming a bainite structure in low-carbon steel under the effect of strain induced austenite,” Vopr. Materialoved., No. 4-68, 17 – 26 (2011).Google Scholar
- 13.E. Pereloma and D. V. Edmonds (eds.), Phase Transformations in Steels. Vol. 2: Diffusionless Transformations, High Strength Steels, Modeling and Advanced Analytical Techniques, Woodhead Publishing Limited, Philadelphia, USA (2012).Google Scholar
- 19.N. Yu. Zolotarevskii, AS. A. Zisman, S. N. Panpurin, et al., “Effect of grain size and deformed sub-structure of austenite on crystal geometric features of bainite and martensite of low-carbon steels,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 10, 39 – 48 (2013).Google Scholar