Variation of the Structure-and-Phase Condition and Physical and Mechanical Properties of Cold-Deformed Leaded Brass Under Heating
- 9 Downloads
The methods of optical and scanning electron microscopy, microhardness measurement, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), dilatometry, dynamic mechanical analysis, and hydrostatic weighing are used to study the structure and the physical and mechanical properties (density, microhardness, modulus of elasticity, coefficient of linear thermal expansion) of cold-deformed brass LS59-1 in the initial condition and after heating to 800°C. The DSC heating curve exhibits exo- and endothermic effects due to stress relaxation and retrogression (the exothermic effect at 115 – 235°C), melting of lead segregations (the endothermic effect at about 328°C), transition of the β′-phase into a disordered β -condition (the endothermic effect with minimum at 458°C), and transition of the brass into a single-phase β -condition (the endothermic effect at 642 – 747°C with minimum at 721°C).
Key wordscold deformation leaded brass differential scanning calorimetry dilatometry dynamic mechanical analysis phase transformations structure microhardness modulus of elasticity coefficient of linear thermal expansion
The work has been performed with financial support of the Government of the Russian Federation, Act No. 211, Contract No. 02.A03.21.0006.
- 1.O. E. Osintsev and V. N. Fedorov, Copper and Copper Alloys. Domestic and Foreign Grades [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (2004), 336 p.Google Scholar
- 2.GOST 15527–2004. Pressure Treated Copper-Zinc Alloys (Brasses). Act. 2005-07-01 [in Russian], Gosstandart Rossii, Izd. Standartov, Moscow (2004), 11 p.Google Scholar
- 3.A. P. Smiryagin, N. A. Smiryagina, and A. V. Belova, Commercial Nonferrous Metals and Alloys, A Reference Book [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1974), 448 p.Google Scholar
- 4.O. E. Osintsev and V. N. Fedorov, “Copper and copper alloys. Pressure treated brasses,” Inzh. Zh., No. 4, 1 – 24 (2002).Google Scholar
- 5.I. N. Fridlyander (ed.), Mechanical Engineering. Encyclopedia. Nonferrous Metals and Alloys. Composite Metallic Materials, Vol. II-3 [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (2001), 880 p.Google Scholar
- 6.N. Kh. Abrikosov (ed.), Copper-Base Binary and Multicomponent Systems, A Reference Book [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1079), 248 p.Google Scholar
- 9.V. I. Zel’dovich, I. V. Khomskaya, N. Yu. Frolova, et al., “Special features of thermoelastic martensitic transformation in alloy Cu – Zn – Al – V subjected to decomposition of β -solid solution,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 83(5), 64 – 72 (1997).Google Scholar
- 10.V. A. Bykov, T. V. Kulikova, D. A. Yagodin, et al., “Thermophysical and electrical properties of equiatomic CuZr alloy,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 116(11), 1123 – 1128 (2015).Google Scholar
- 11.S. L. Demakov, Yu. N. Loginov, A. G. Illarionov, et al., “Recrystallization of work-hardened copper from the standpoint of dynamic mechanical analysis,” Zavod. Lab., Diagn. Mater., 80(7), 36 – 39 (2014).Google Scholar
- 12.N. P. Lyakishev (ed.), Phase Diagrams of Binary Metallic Systems. Vol. 1 [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1996), 992 p.Google Scholar
- 13.B. A. Kolachev, V. N. Elagin, and V. A. Livanov, Physical Metallurgy and Heat Treatment of Nonferrous Metals and Alloys [in Russian], MISiS, Moscow (2005), 992 p.Google Scholar
- 14.O. A. Yakovtseva, A. V. Mikhailovskaya, A. D. Kotov, and V. K. Portnoy, “Effect of alloying on superplasticity of two-phase brasses,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 117(7), 765 – 772 (2016).Google Scholar
- 15.Yu. N. Loginov and A. S. Ovchnnikov, “Raising the homogeneity of structure and properties of pressed billets from alpha + beta leaded brasses,” Metallurg, No. 4, 62 – 66 (2015).Google Scholar
- 16.R. Wawsczak, A. Baczmanski, K. Wierzbanowski, et al., “Residual stress in α-brass during annealing,” Mater. Sci. Forum, 571 – 572, 69 – 73 (2008).Google Scholar
- 17.Materials Science International Team MSIT® Cu – Pb – Zn (Copper–Lead–Zinc), doi.org/ https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-47000-736.
- 18.A. G. Illarionov, S. B. Grib, A. A. Popov, et al., “Effect of hydrogen on formation of structure and phase composition in an alloy based on Ti2 AlNb,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 109(2), 154 – 164 (2010).Google Scholar
- 19.B. S. Tikhonov, Heavy Nonferrous Metals and Alloys, Vol. 1 [in Russian], FGUP “TSNIIÉItsvetmet,” (2000), 452 p.Google Scholar
- 21.Yu. N. Loginov and O. F. Degtyareva, “Thermoelastic variation of needle size under pressing,” Kuzn.-Shtamp. Proizvod., No. 8, 9 – 12 (2005).Google Scholar