Effect of Dysprosium on the Aging Kinetics and Mechanical Properties of Alloy IMV7-1 of the Mg – Y – Gd – Zr System
- 19 Downloads
The aging kinetics, the mechanical properties, and the structure of cast alloy IMV7-1 of the Mg – Y – Gd – Zr system alloyed additionally with dysprosium are studied. It is shown that yttrium and gadolinium may be replaced partially with dysprosium without changes in the aging kinetics and lowering the hardening and the level of the mechanical properties of alloy IMV7-1.
Key wordsmagnesium alloys rare-earth metals decomposition of solid solution hardness mechanical properties structure
The work has been performed within State Assignment 007-00129-18-00.
- 1.L. L. Rokhlin, Magnesium Alloys Containing Rare-Earth Metals, Taylor and Francis, London – New York (2003), 245 p.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Bohlen, D. Letzig, and K. U. Kainer, “New perspectives for wrought magnesium alloys,” Mater. Sci. Forum, 546 – 549, 1 – 10 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.L. L. Rokhlin, T. V. Dobatkina, N. I. Nikitina, and I. E. Tarytina, “A study of the properties of high-strength magnesium alloy of theMg – Y – Gd – Zr system,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 12, 15 – 18 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.M. E. Drits, L. L. Rokhlin, N. I. Nikitina, et al., “Magnesiumbase alloy, Inv. Certif. 1010880 USSR,” Byull. Izobr. Polezn. Modeli, No. 29, Pt. 2, 439 (1997).Google Scholar
- 7.N. P. Lyakishev (ed.), Phase Diagrams of Binary Metallic Systems [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1997).Google Scholar
- 8.B. N. Arzamasov and T. V. Solov’eva (eds.), A Manual on Structural Materials [in Russian], MGTU Im. N. E. Baumana, Moscow [2005), 640 p.Google Scholar
- 9.L. L. Rokhlin, T. V. Dobatkin, V. N. Timofeev, and I. E. Tarytina, “Decomposition of supersaturated solid solution in Mg – Nd – Y ternary alloys,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 97(1), 71 – 77 (2004).Google Scholar
- 10.L. L. Rokhlin, T. V. Dobatkina, N. I. Nikitina, et al., “Effect of cerium on the kinetics of decomposition of supersaturated solid solution in Mg – Y alloys,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 100(2), 70 – 75 (2005).Google Scholar