A Study of the Microstructure of Bainite in Steel 25G2S2N2MA by the Method of Atomic Force Microscopy
- 25 Downloads
The methods of optical, electron, and atomic force microscopy are used to study the morphology of bainite formed in high-strength structural steel 25G2S2N2MA (HY-TUF) under isothermal quenching. It is shown that the temperature of the transformation affects the substructure of the bainite, which is represented by ordered layers of plates with a width obeying a lognormal distribution law. It is shown that the bainite plates consist of nanosize subplates, the size of which is determined by the temperature of the bainitic transformation.
Key wordssteel bainite morphology relief atomic force microscopy microstructure
The work has been performed with financial support of the Government of the Russian Federation (Act No. 211, Contract No. 02.A03.21.0006) within a State Assignment of the Ministry of Education and Science of the RF (Project No. 11.1465.2014/K) and a Grant of the President of the Russian Federation for young scientists — candidates of science (MK-7929.2016.8).
- 1.E. S. Davenport and E. S. Bain, “Transformation of austenite at constant subcritical temperatures,” Trans. AIME, 90, 117 – 144 (1930).Google Scholar
- 2.G. V. Smith and R. F. Mehl, “Lattice relationships in decomposition of austenite to pearlite, bainite and martensite,” Trans. AIME, 150, 211 – 226 (1942).Google Scholar
- 3.H. K. D. H. Bhadeshia, Bainite in Steels. Transformations, Microstructure and Properties, IOM Communications Ltd., London (2001), 478 p.Google Scholar
- 7.O. P. Morozov, V.M. Schastlivtsev, and I. L. Yakovleva, “Upper and lower bainite in a carbon eutectoid steel,” Phys. Met. Metallogr., 69(2), 146 – 155 (1990).Google Scholar
- 11.B. Guo, L. Fan, Q. Wang, et al., “The role of the bainite packet in control of impact toughness in a simulated CGHAZ of X90 pipeline steel,” Metals, 6(256), 1 – 3 (2016).Google Scholar
- 25.M. Dryja, A. Lis, and P. Wieczorek, “TRIP steel topography examined by AFM (atomic force microscopy),” Inzynier. Mater., No. 2, 106 – 108 (2014).Google Scholar
- 28.T. F. A. Santos, E. A. Torres, J. M. C. Vilela et al., “Caracterização Microestrutural De Aços Baixo Carbono Por Microscopia De Força Atômica,” Revista Latinoamericana de Metalurgia y Materiales, 35(1), 118 – 133 (2015).Google Scholar
- 31.J. M. Oblak and R. F. Hehemann, Structure and Growth of Widmanstatten Ferrite and Bainite. Transformations and Hardenability of Steels, Ann Arbor, Michigan (1967), pp. 15 – 30.Google Scholar