Rateless Coded Multi-User Downlink Transmission in Cloud Radio Access Network
- 14 Downloads
In this paper, we propose a rateless coded transmission scheme for the multi-user downlink of Cloud Radio Access Network (C-RAN). In the network, multiple users are served by a cluster of remote radio heads (RRH), which are connected to the building baseband units (BBU) pool through the fronthaul links with limited capacity. In the proposed transmission scheme, the precoder and compressor at the BBU pool, and the decoding algorithm at the users are designed. To further improve the performance of the proposed transmission scheme, we investigate the joint optimization of the precoder and the degree profiles of the rateless codes implemented at the BBU pool to maximize the sum throughput of the network. Explicitly, the optimization problem is formulated according to the extrinsic information transfer (EXIT) function analysis on the decoding process at the users. We give simulation results on the BER and throughput performance achieved by the proposed rateless coded transmission scheme, which verify the effectiveness of the joint optimization on the degree profiles and the precoder.
KeywordsCloud radio access networks Rateless code Precoding EXIT analysis
This work was supported by the Zhejiang Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant LY17F010014.
- 6.Simeone O, Kang J, Kang J et al (2016) Cloud radio access networks: uplink channel estimation and downlink precoding. arXiv pre-printGoogle Scholar
- 7.Dai B, Yu W (2014) Sparse beamforming and user-centric clustering for downlink cloud radio access network. IEEE Access, pp 1326–1339Google Scholar
- 9.Li N, Xing C, Fei Z et al (2014) Low information-exchange and robust distributed MMSE precoding algorithm for C-RAN. In: Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conf., pp 1–5Google Scholar
- 23.Wang G et al (2011) GPU accelerated scalable parallel decoding of LDPC codes. Proc. IEEE the 45th Asilomar conference on signals, systems and computersGoogle Scholar
- 24.Wübben D et al (2014) Decoder implementation for cloud based architectures. Proc. European Conference on Networks and CommunGoogle Scholar
- 25.Luby M, Watson M, Gasiba T, Stockhammer T, Xu W (2006) Raptor codes for reliable download delivery in wireless broadcast systems. In: Proc IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking ConferenceGoogle Scholar
- 30.Karakayali K, Yates R, Foschini G, Valenzuela R (2007) Optimum zero-forcing beamforming with per-antenna power constraints. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Inform. Theory, France, Jun 2007, pp 101–105Google Scholar
- 31.Venkiah A, Poulliat C, Declercq D (2007) Jointly decoded raptor codes: analysis and design for the BiAWGN channel. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Inform. Theory, pp 421–425Google Scholar