Owner-Borrower Model for Recommenders in O2O Services
With remarkable successes of sharing economy services (e.g., UBER (https://www.uber.com), Airbnb (https://www.airbnb.com), and so on), the amount of items which are distributed through these services is rapidly increasing. Therefore recommender systems for the sharing economy services are required. However, the existing recommenders are hard to support the sharing economy services, since they have focused on a ‘Item-User’ model that the recommenders provide satisfiable items to consumers (users) in accordance with only the consumers’ preferences. In this regard, we suggest a novel recommendation model, ‘Owner-Borrower’ model which considers the preferences of both sides: owners and borrowers of properties (items). Also, we propose a recommendation method based on the proposed model by applying a tensor factorization method and the Gale-Shapley algorithm. The tensor factorization is used for estimating preferences of the owners and the borrowers. With the estimated preferences, the Gale-Shapley algorithm makes optimal matches between the borrowers and the owners’ properties.
KeywordsSharing economy service Recommender system Match-making recommendation Owner-borrower model
This work was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korea government (MSIP) (NRF-2017R1A2B4010774).
- 3.Chen L, Nayak R, Xu Y (2010) Improving matching process in social network. In: Proceeding of the 2010 IEEE international conference on data mining workshops. ICDMW, Sydney, pp 305–311Google Scholar
- 5.Tu K, Ribeiro B, Jensen D, Towsley D, Liu B, Jiang H, Wang X (2014) Online dating recommendations: matching markets and learning preferences. In: Chung C, Broder AZ, Shim K, Suel T (eds) Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on World Wide Web - WWW '14 Companion, pp 787–792Google Scholar
- 6.Cai X, Bain M, Krzywicki A, Wobcke W, Kim YS, Compton P, Mahidadia A (2010) Learning collaborative filtering and its application to people to people recommendation in social networks. In: Proceeding of the 2010 IEEE international conference on data mining (ICDM 2010). IEEE, Sydney, pp 743–748Google Scholar
- 8.Hu S, Zhu C, Xie F, Xiao K (2015) A recommendation algorithm for two-sided matching problems based on f-score. In: Proceeding of the 2015 IEEE international conference on computer and communications (ICCC 2015). IEEE, Chengdu, pp 25–29Google Scholar
- 10.Ma S, Zheng Y, Wolfson O (2013) T-share: A Large-scale dynamic taxi ridesharing service. In: Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE 29th International Conference on Data Engineering. ICDE, Brisbane, pp 410–421Google Scholar
- 14.Parambath SAP, Usunier N, Grandvalet Y (2016) A coverage-based approach to recommendation diversity on similarity graph. In: Sen S, Geyer W, Freyne J, Castells P (eds) Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems - RecSys’16. ACM Press, Boston, pp 15–22Google Scholar
- 15.Teo CH, Nassif H, Hill D, Srinivasan S, Goodman M, Mohan V, Vishwanathan S (2016) Adaptive, personalized diversity for visual discovery. In: Sen S, Geyer W, Freyne J, Castells P (eds) Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems - RecSys '16. ACM Press, Boston, pp 35–38Google Scholar
- 16.Wasilewski J, Hurley N (2016) Intent-aware diversification using a constrained PLSA. In: Sen S, Geyer W, Freyne J, Castells P (eds) Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems - RecSys '16, pp 39–42Google Scholar
- 17.Park YJ, Tuzhilin A (2008) The long tail of recommender systems and how to leverage it. In: Pu P, Bridge DG, Mobasher B, Ricci F (eds) Proceedings of the 2008 ACM conference on Recommender systems - RecSys '08, pp 11–18Google Scholar
- 18.Yao L, Sheng QZ, Qin Y, Wang X, Shemshadi A, He Q (2015) Context-aware point-of-interest recommendation using tensor factorization with social regularization. In: Baeza-Yates RA, Lalmas M, Moffat A, Ribeiro-Neto BA (eds) Proceedings of the 38th International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval - SIGIR '15, Santiago, Chile, pp 1007–1010Google Scholar
- 20.Symeonidis P (2016) Matrix and tensor decomposition in recommender systems. In: Sen S, Geyer W, Freyne J, Castells P (eds) Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems - RecSys '16, pp 429–430Google Scholar
- 25.Zhang A, Bhardwaj A, Karger D (2016) Confer: A conference recommendation and meetup tool. In: Bjørn P, Konstan JA, Gergle D, Morris M R (eds) Proceedings of the 19th ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing Companion - CSCW '16 Companion, pp 118–121Google Scholar