Issues of Back-Up and Control in an Ensemble of Atomic Clocks Based on Hydrogen Masers
- 23 Downloads
Issues in the output signal generation of an atomic clock ensemble and the smooth management of the time scale are considered. Special algorithms are proposed to solve the objectives, making it possible to improve the stability of the output signals against possible reference frequency signal jumps. The operation of the algorithms is demonstrated by means of numerical modeling.
Keywordshydrogen maser ensemble of atomic clocks time scale frequency instability
- 1.I. Blinov, Yu. Domnin, S. Donchenko, A. Goncharov, N. Koshelyaevsky, V. Kostromin, I. Noretz, and Yu. Smirnov, “Progress at the State Time and Frequency Standard of Russia,” Proc. 45th Ann. Precise Time and Time Interval (PTTI) Systems and Applications Meeting, Bellevue, Dec. 2–5, 2013.Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Boiko and O. V. Kupalova, “An ensemble of hydrogen generators for the principal maser as a ‘virtual fountain’,” in Metrology of Time and Space: Proc. VII Intl. Sympos., VNIIFTRI, Mendeleevo (2014), pp. 53–54.Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Belyaev, N. A. Demidov, S. Yu. Medvedev, A. V. Pastukhov, B. A. Sakhorov, and I. Yu. Blinov, “Facilities for custodians of hydrogen masers of ensembles of atomic clocks,” Vestn. Metrologa, No. 2, 14–23 (2015).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Stephen, “USNO report to the CGSIC Timing Subcommittee,” 54th Meeting of the Civil GPS Service Interface Committee, Washington, Sept. 8–9, 2014, www.gps.gov/cgsic/meetings/2014/mitchell.pdf, acc. 07.02.2018.
- 6.F. Droz, P. Mosset, Q. Wang, P. Rochat, M. Belloni, M. Gioia, A. Resti, and P. Waller, “Space passive hydrogen Maser – performances and lifetime data,” Proc. Joint 2009 European Frequency and Time Forum & 2009. IEEE Frequency Control Symposium, Besangon, France, April 20–24, 2009, pp. 393–398, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/FREQ.2009.5168208.
- 7.J. Guéna, M. Abgrall, D. Rovera, Ph. Laurent, B. Chupin, M. Lours, G. Santarelli, P. Rosenbusch, M. E. Tobar, R. Li, K. Gibble, A. Clairon, and S. Bize, “Progress in atomic fountains at LNE-SYRTE,” IEEE T. Ultrason. Ferr., 59, No. 3, 391–420 (2012), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TUFFC.2012.2208.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.I. N. Chernyshev, A. A. Belyaev, and K. G. Mishagin, “Error in measurement of frequency instability by method of three oscillators,” Izmer. Tekhn., 7, 37–41 (2012).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Mishagin, S. D. Podogova, I. N. Chernyshev, and S. Yu. Medvedev, “Algorithm for generating the output signal of a group frequency reference,” Izmer. Tekhn., No. 8, 34–38 (2013).Google Scholar
- 11.I. N. Chernyshev and K. G. Mishagin, “Optimal measurement of frequency instability in a multichannel comparator,” Izmer. Tekhn., 9, 13–17 (2009).Google Scholar