Development of a Production Scheme for Utilizing Vanadium Pentoxide Hydrometallurgical Production Waste
A hydrometallurgical method is considered for treating the lime sediment of drainage water from hydrometallurgical production of vanadium pentoxide in order to obtain vanadium-manganese concentrate. Vanadium master alloys are smelted from the obtained concentrate.
Keywordsvanadium waste vanadium pentoxide hydrometallurgy sludge lime precipitate leaching
Work was performed with RFFI financial support, project 18-29-24074 mk.
- 1.L. A. Smirnov, Yu. A. Deryabin, A. A. Filippenkov, et al, Vanadium Production and Usage [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.V. P Zaiko, V. I. Zhuchkov, L. I. Leont’ev, et al., Vanadium Containing Ferroalloy Technology [in Russian], IKTs, Akademkniga, Moscow (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.V. G. Mizin, E. M. Rabinovich, and T. P. Sirina, Comprehensive Treatment of vanadium raw material: Chemistry and Technology [in Russian], URO RAN Ekaterinburg (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.P. A. Zhdanov, I. F. Seregina, M. A. Bol’shov, et al., “Determination of forms of element occurrence in samples of vanadium slag and slime,” Inorganic Materials, 52, No. 14, 1431–1439 (2016).Google Scholar
- 5.P. A. Zhdanov, I. F. Seregina, K. B. Osipov, et al., “Determination of the mode of occurrence of V, Fe, and Mn in slags and charge of vanadium production by X-Ray spectroscopy,” Inorganic Materials, 53, No. 14, 1399–1404 (2017).Google Scholar
- 6.A. I. Volkov, K. B. Osipov, P. A. Zhdanov, et al., “X-ray fluorescence analysis of vanadium slag after borate melting,” Zavod. Lab., Diagnost. Materialov., 82, No. 1, 8–16 (2016).Google Scholar
- 7.I. V. Vygovskaya, Development of Physicochemical Bases and Technology for Use Utilizing Technogenic Vanadium-Containing Waste in Lime-Sulfuric Acid Production of Vanadium Pentoxide [in Russian], Diss. Cand. Techn. Sci., Tula (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. P. Kudryavskii, Yu. F. Trapeznikov, V. V. Strelkov, et al., “Hydrometallurgical treatment of vanadium-containing waste,” Tsvet. Met., No. 1, 25–29 (2000).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. A. Kologrieva, A. N. Seregin, and A. N. Pochtarev, “Development of sulfuric acid technology for treatment of vanadium pentoxide hydrometallurgical productions slags,” Probl. Chern. Met. Materialoved., No. 4, 63–65 (2015).Google Scholar