Obtaining Multi-Component Pellets from Finely Dispersed Chromium Concentrates, Refined Ferrochrome Slags and Diatomite Raw Materials of Kazakhstan
High-strength multi-component chrome pellets with specified physical and chemical characteristics were obtained for smelting chromium ferroalloys in the electric arc furnaces by mixing finely dispersed chromium concentrates, refined ferrochrome slags, and ferriferous diatomite ore with subsequent pelletization and sintering of the composition at 1050–1200 °С. The process of roasting pellets containing carbon component includes pre-reduction of iron and chromium oxides at lower temperatures yielding high-carbon ferrochrome beads. The process can be implemented by using conventional equipment and does not require high capital investments.
Keywordschromium concentrates lumping refined ferrochrome slag diatomite ores multi-component pellets strength pre-reduction
- 1.S.A. Urnysheva, “Pettetization of chromium raw materials,” Zapiski Gornogo Instituta, 150, Pt 2, 126–127 (2002).Google Scholar
- 2.N. M. Loginov and M. A. Imekeshova, “Technology improvement and increase in consumable goods production. From the operating experience of mining companies and organizations. Donskoi GOK, JSC “TNC “Kazchrome” branch,” Gornyi Zhurnal, 5, 24–28 (2013).Google Scholar
- 3.R. A. Karpenko and A. S. Gromov, Ferrite-Calcium Flux Binder (FFS) for Iron Ore Pellets [Electronic resource]. URL: www.pandia.ru (access date: July 01, 2017).
- 4.D. Ya. Povolotskii, V. Ye. Roshchin, and N. V. Malkov, Electrometallurgy of Steel and Ferroalloys [in Russian], Metallurgia, Moscow (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.Industrial Furnaces and Pipes. Furnaces for Roasting Construction Materials [Electronic resource]. URL: www.bibliotekar.ru (access date: April 22, 2018).
- 6.Donskoi GOK: Construction of the Pellet Roasting Shop is Aimed at Satisfying the Demand for Kazakhstan Ferrochrome [Electronic resource]. URL: www.infogeo.ru (access date: September 30, 2005).