Prediction of the Fracture of Metal in the Process of Screw Rolling in a Two-Roll Mill
- 5 Downloads
We study the process of two-roll screw rolling of billets made of stainless steel in order to estimate the influence of the feed angle on the plasticity of the metal of rolling billets. Pilot rollings were simulated by using the DEFORM software. In the computer simulation, the normalized Cockroft–Latham fracture criterion is used to predict the so-called Mannesmann effect (axial fracture of a billet). The comparison of the results of pilot rollings with the data of computer simulations showed that this fracture criterion is an efficient tool for the investigation of screw rolling. A procedure is proposed for the prediction of fracture of the metal subjected to screw rolling.
Keywordsscrew rolling Mannesmann effect normalized Cockroft–Latham fracture criterion plasticity fracture accumulated strains stiffness coefficient in the stressed state computer simulation
- 1.B. A. Romantsev, A. V. Goncharuk, N. M. Vavilkin, and S. V. Samusev, Plastic Metal Forming, MISiS, Moscow (2008).Google Scholar
- 2.B. A. Romantsev, A. V. Goncharuk, N. M. Vavilkin, and S. V. Samusev, Pipe Production, MISiS, Moscow (2011).Google Scholar
- 3.P. K. Teterin, Theory of Cross and Screw Rolling, Metallurgiya, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.www.deform.com/, acc. June 10, 2017.
- 7.http://qform3d.ru/, acc. June 10, 2017.
- 9.Z. Pater and J. Kazanecki, “Complex numerical analysis of the tube forming process using Diescher mill,” Arch. Metal. Mater., 58, Iss. 3, 717–724 (2013), DOI: 10.2478/amm-2013-0060.Google Scholar
- 10.www.mscsoftware.com/, acc. June 10, 2017.
- 11.L. Lu, Z.-Xu Wang, Fu-Z. Wang, et al., “Simulation of tube forming process in Mannesmann mill,” J. Shanghai Jiaotong Univ. (Sci.), 16, 281–285 (2011), http://caod.oriprobe.com/articles/32371494/Simulation_of_Tube_Forming_Process_in_Mannesmann_Mill.htm.
- 12.www.transvalor.com/, acc. June 10, 2017.
- 14.S. P. Galkin, “Regulating radial-shear and screw rolling on the basis of the metal trajectory,” Steel Translat., 34, No. 7, 57–60 (2004).Google Scholar
- 15.S. Z. Li, W. H. Meng, L. W. Hu, and B. Ding, “Research on the tendency of inner crack during 3-roll skew rolling process of round billets,” Adv. Mater. Res., 145, 238–242 (2011), www.scientific.net/AMR.145.238, acc. June 10, 2017.
- 16.S. Chiluveru, Computational Modeling of Crack Initiation in Crossroll Piercing, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA (2007).Google Scholar
- 17.www.3ds.com/products-services/simulia/products/abaqus/abaqusexplicit/, acc. June 10, 2017.
- 18.Modeling of the Mannesmann Effect in Tube Piercing, Padua@Research [Padova Digital University Archive], http://paduaresearch.cab.unipd.it/1552/, acc. June 10, 2017.
- 19.www.solidworks.com/, acc. June 10, 2017.
- 20.M. M. Skripalenko and M. N. Skripalenko, “On choosing software for simulating metal-forming processes,” Metallurgist, 57, Nos. 1–2, 3–7 (2013), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11015-013-9683-3.
- 21.A. V. Vlasov, “Numerical analysis of damage to the metal caused by cold radial forging according to the results of a finite-element simulation in the DEFORM-3D program,” in: Proc. Int. Sci.-Eng. Conf. Engineering Systems – 2009, Moscow (2009), pp. 204–217.Google Scholar
- 22.A. N. Nikulin, Screw Rolling. Stresses, and Strains, Metallurgizdat, Moscow (2015).Google Scholar
- 23.V. L. Kolmogorov, Mechanics of Plastic Metal Working, Ural STU, Ekaterinburg (2001).Google Scholar
- 24.https://tesis.com.ru/infocenter/downloads/deform/deform_es09_mgtu1.pdf, acc. June 20, 2017.
- 25.Y. Lou, H. Huh, S. Lim, and K. Pack, “New ductile fracture criterion for prediction of fracture forming limit diagrams of sheet metals,” Int. J. Solids and Struct., 49, 3605–3615 (2017), DOI: 10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2012.02.016, www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S002076831200056X, acc. June 10, 2017.
- 26.A. I. Lisitsyn and V. Ya. Ostrenko, Modeling of the Processes of Plastic Metal Working (optical methods), Tekhnika, Kiev (1976).Google Scholar
- 27.A. P. Chekmarev, Yu. M. Matveev, V. N. Vydrin, and Ya. S. Finkel’shtein, Intensification of Cross Screw Rolling, Metallurgiya, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 28.A. V. Belevich, Modeling of the Parameters of Plasticity and Strain Resistance of Steels and Alloys, Vladimir State Univ., Vladimir (2005).Google Scholar
- 29.V. A. Belevitin, Development and Improvement of the Methods of Experimental Mechanics for the Optimization of the Technological Processes of Plastic Metal Forming: Dissert. Doct. Techn. Sci., Verkhnii Ufalei (1997).Google Scholar
- 30.P. I. Polukhin, V. K. Vorontsov, V. A. Belevitin, et al., “Evaluation of the stressed state in the processes of cross forging and screw or cross rolling,” in: Plastic Deformation of Metals and Alloys: Coll. Works of MISiS, Metallurgiya, Moscow (1982), pp. 145–150.Google Scholar