Nonlinear vibration analysis of a rotor system with parallel and angular misalignments under uncertainty via a Legendre collocation approach
- 180 Downloads
In this paper, the propagation of bounded uncertainties in the dynamic response of a misaligned rotor is investigated using a Legendre collocation based non-intrusive analysis method. A finite element rotor model is used and the parallel and angular misalignments are modelled by additions of stiffness and force terms to the system. A simplex meta-model for the harmonic solutions of the vibration problem is constructed to take into account the uncertainties. The influences of uncertainties in the fault parameters are analysed and the calculation performance of the interval method is validated. Different propagation mechanisms of the uncertainties are observed in the interval responses and discussed in case studies. The results of this study will promote the understandings of the nonlinear vibrations in misaligned rotor systems with interval variables.
KeywordsRotor Misalignment Bounded uncertainty Harmonic response Legendre collocation
This work is financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 11272257) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. 3102018ZY016).
- Isukapalli, S.S.: Uncertainty Analysis of Transport-Transformation Models. The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick (1999)Google Scholar
- Koroishi, E.H., Cavalini Jr., A.A., Lima, A.M., Steffen Jr., V.: Stochastic modeling of flexible rotors. J. Braz. Soc. Mech. Sci. 34, 574–583 (2012)Google Scholar
- Li, J., Hong, J., Ma, Y., Zhang, D.: Modelling of misaligned rotor systems in aero-engines. In: ASME Turbo Expo 2012: International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, pp. 535–543 (2012)Google Scholar
- Sinou, J.-J., Nechak, L., Besset, S.: Kriging metamodeling in rotordynamics: application for predicting critical speeds and vibrations of a flexible rotor. Complexity. Article ID 1264619 (2018)Google Scholar
- Wang, C., Ma, Y., Zhang, D., Hong, J.: Interval analysis on aero-engine rotor system with misalignment. In: ASME Turbo Expo 2015: Turbine Technical Conference and Exposition, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, V07AT30A002 (2015)Google Scholar