Semi-active control of ambulance stretcher system based on parallel mechanism with MR dampers and perturbation analysis
- 6 Downloads
The recumbent patients on ambulance stretcher experience multi-dimensional excitations due to road roughness. In order to isolate the multi-dimensional vibrations validly, a novel ambulance stretcher system based on 4-PUU parallel mechanism with Magneto-Rheological dampers is proposed. Firstly, the kinematic and dynamic equation are deduced by geometric relation and Lagrange equation respectively. Subsequently, the vibration isolation performance is investigated in time and frequency domain. The robustness of LQR algorithm is addressed with parameters perturbation by deducing Lyapunov equation. Further, selecting RMS values as the index of vibration isolation performance, the index which includes geometric parameters perturbation, mass and spring uncertainties is discussed. Simulations demonstrate the stretcher system can effectively isolate multi-dimensional vibrations in sensitive frequency range for supine patients with perturbation and uncertainties. The RMS values show different characteristics because of altering Jacobin matrix of the stretcher.
KeywordsAmbulance stretcher Parallel mechanism Perturbation analysis Robustness Semi-active control Vibration isolation
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51675306, 51275275), and Foundation of State Key Laboratory of Automotive Simulation and Control (20161112).
- Chu, J., Hu, X.H., Wang, S.S.: On the robustness of optimal regulator LQR systems. Control Decis. 7(6), 478–480 (1992)Google Scholar
- Hanieh, A.: Active isolation and damping of vibrations via Stewart platform. Ph.D. Dissertation, University Libre de Bruxelles. Brussels, Belgium (2003)Google Scholar
- Niu, J.C., Yang, F., Li, Y.: Multi-dimensional vibration isolation based on metamorphic parallel mechanism. J. Vib. Shock 33(7), 206–209 (2014)Google Scholar
- Pei, C.Y.: Interval finite element method for robustness analysis of the second-order uncertain vibration control systems. Ph.D. Dissertation, Jilin University, Changchun, P. R. China (2007)Google Scholar
- Qi, X.Y., Zhao, T.S.: Kinematic analysis of a new 4-PUU parallel mechanism. J. Yanshan Univ. 31(5), 387–390 (2007)Google Scholar
- Raine, J.K., Henderson, R.J.: A two-degree-of-freedom ambulance stretcher suspension part 2: simulation of system performance with capillary and orifice pneumatic damping. Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. D-J. Automob. 212(D3), 227–240 (1998)Google Scholar
- Shintani, M., Hirai, Y., Ogawa, Y.: Study on two dimensional base-isolating device for sick person’s bed in ambulance. In: Proceedings of SICE Annual Conference, pp. 225–231 (2012)Google Scholar
- Yu, S.J.: Design of a 4-DOF multi-dimensional vibration isolation platform. Thesis for Master Degree, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing, P. R. China (2018)Google Scholar