A refined sin hyperbolic shear deformation theory for sandwich FG plates by enhanced meshfree with new correlation function
- 63 Downloads
The moving Kriging interpolation-based (MKI) meshfree method is extended to mechanical behavior analysis of isotropic and sandwich functionally graded material plates. The MKI meshfree method, which is free of shear correction factors effect in plate analysis, is further enhanced by introducing a new multi-quadric correlation function, eliminating drawbacks of its conventional form, gaining accurate solution. In this paper, a new refined sin hyperbolic shear deformation plate theory (N-RSHSDT) is introduced for plate kinematics. The present theory gives rise to four governing equations only, and achieves the sin hyperbolic distribution of the transverse shear strains through the plate thickness. To show the accuracy and effectiveness of the developed method, numerical experiments are performed for both isotropic and sandwich composite plates.
KeywordsSandwich plates Functionally graded materials Meshfree Hyperbolic shear deformation theory Moving Kriging interpolation
Tan-Van Vu would like to acknowledge the financial support of the University of Architecture Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam under Grant No.152/HD-NCKH.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that there are no conflict of interest.
- Bessaim, A., Houari, M.S.A., Tounsi, A., Mahmoud, S.R., Adda Bedia, E.A.: A new higher-order shear and normal deformation theory for the static and free vibration analysis of sandwich plates with functionally graded isotropic face sheets. J. Sand. Struct. Mater. 15, 671–703 (2013)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Bui, Q.T., Doan, H.D., Do, V.T., Hirose, S., Nguyen, D.D.: High frequency modes meshfree analysis of Reissner-Mindlin plates. J. Sci. Adv. Mater. Dev. 1, 400–412 (2016)Google Scholar
- Neves, A.M.A., Ferreira, A.J.M., Carrera, E., Cinefra, M., Roque, C.M.C., Jorge, R.M.N.: Static free vibration and buckling analysis of isotropic and sandwich functionally graded plates using a quasi-3D higher-order shear deformation theory and a meshless technique. Compos. Part B Eng. 44, 657–674 (2013)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Vu, T.V., Phan, V.S.: A modified moving Kriging interpolation-based meshfree method with refined sinusoidal shear deformation theory for analysis of functionally graded plates. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Computational Mechanics, pp. 485–501 (2017)Google Scholar
- Yin, S.H., Yu, T.T., Liu, P.: Free vibration analyses of FGM thin plates by isogeometric analysis based on classical plate theory and physical neutral surface. Adv. Mech. Eng. ArticleID 634584 (2013)Google Scholar