Symmetric Contingency Logic with Unlimitedly Many Modalities
- 8 Downloads
The completeness of the axiomatization of contingency logic over symmetric frames has been thought of as a nontrivial job, the unimodal case of which cannot be generalized to the finitely multimodal case, which in turn cannot be generalized to the infinitely multimodal case. This paper deals with the completeness of symmetric contingency logic with unlimitedly many modalities, no matter whether the set of modalities is finite or infinite.
KeywordsContingency Symmetric frames Axiomatization Completeness Unlimitedly many modalities
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This research is supported by the project 17CZX053 of National Social Science Fundation of China. We would like to acknowledge an anonymous referee for his/her insightful comments.
- 1.Costa-Leite, A. (2007). Interactions of metaphysical and epistemic concepts. Université de Neuchâtel: PhD thesis.Google Scholar
- 2.Fan, J. (2018). A logic of temporal contingency without propositional constants. Under submission.Google Scholar
- 3.Fan, J., Wang, Y., van Ditmarsch, H. (2014). Almost necessary. In Advances in modal logic (Vol. 10, pp. 178–196).Google Scholar
- 8.Montgomery, H., & Routley, R. (1966). Contingency and non-contingency bases for normal modal logics. Logique et Analyse, 9, 318–328.Google Scholar
- 13.Zolin, E. (2001). Sequent logic of arithmetic decidability. Moscow University Mathematics Bulletin, 56(6), 22–27.Google Scholar