Proof Theory of Paraconsistent Quantum Logic
- 94 Downloads
Paraconsistent quantum logic, a hybrid of minimal quantum logic and paraconsistent four-valued logic, is introduced as Gentzen-type sequent calculi, and the cut-elimination theorems for these calculi are proved. This logic is shown to be decidable through the use of these calculi. A first-order extension of this logic is also shown to be decidable. The relationship between minimal quantum logic and paraconsistent four-valued logic is clarified, and a survey of existing Gentzen-type sequent calculi for these logics and their close relatives is addressed.
KeywordsParaconsistent logic Quantum logic Sequent calculus Cut-elimination theorem
We would like to thank anonymous referee for his or her valuable comments and information on the papers  and . We would also like to thank Prof. Mitio Takano for his helpful comments on an early version of this paper. This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant (C) JP26330263.
- 1.Almukdad, A., & Nelson, D. (1984). Constructible falsity and inexact predicates. Journal of Symbolic Logic, 49(1), 231–233.Google Scholar
- 2.Anderson, A.R., Belnap, N.D., & et al. (1975). Entailment: the logic of relevance and necessity, Vol. 1, Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- 3.Aoyama, H. (2003). On a weak system of sequent calculus. Journal of Logical Philosophy, 3, 29–37.Google Scholar
- 5.Belnap, N.D. (1977). Modern uses of multiple-valued logic. In Epstein, G., & Dunn, J.M. (Eds.), Useful four-valued logic, A (pp. 7–37). Dordrecht: Reidel.Google Scholar
- 7.Cockett, J.R., & Seely, R.A.G. (2001). Finite sum-product logic. Theory and Applications of Categories, 8(5), 63–99.Google Scholar
- 8.Cutland, N.J., & Gibbins, P.F. (1982). A regular sequent calculus for quantum logic in which ∧ and ∨ are dual. Logique et Analyse, 99, 221–248.Google Scholar
- 15.Kamide, N., & Wansing, H. (2015). Proof theory of N4-related paraconsistent logics, Studies in Logic 54. College Publications.Google Scholar
- 26.Tamura, S. (1988). A Gentzen formulation without the cut rule for ortholattices. Kobe Journal of Mathematics, 5, 133–15-.Google Scholar