Effect of BaO on mechanical and hydration characteristic of C8A6P as predominant mineral in phosphoaluminate cement
- 19 Downloads
Phosphoaluminate cement clinker (PAC) was one type of cementitious material due to its high durability and mechanical performance. As the predominant mineral phase in PAC, the high-temperature formation and property of calcium phosphoaluminate mineral (C8A6P) were related closely with hydration and mechanical characteristic for PAC. Thus, the influence of BaO on the performance of C8A6P mineral phase was investigated carefully in this paper. It was found that BaO of 17.5–20% content could endow C8A6P mineral with predominant mechanical performance. This was due to the fact that C8A6P mineral was activated by BaO. Excessive BaO would lead to the formation of new unexpected phase BaO·Al2O3. The limited solid solubility of BaO in C8A6P mineral was 20%. The addition of BaO changed the ratio of hydration products of C2(A,P)H8 and C(A,P)H10 for C8A6P mineral.
KeywordsCalcium phosphoaluminate Barium Hydration Compressive strength
This work is supported by Natural Science Foundations of China (51672108), Natural NSFC-Shandong Joint Fund (No. U1806222), Key research and development plan of Shandong Province (2018GGX107009) and Horizontal scientific research of Shenzhen Gangchuang Building Materials Co., LTD (jk-807-2017). Also, supports from the 111 Project of International Corporation on Advanced Cement-based Materials (No. D17001) and the Taishan Scholars Program (No. ********) are greatly appreciated.
- 7.Swamy RN, Suryavanshi AK, Tanikawa S. Protective ability of an acrylic based surface coating system against chloride and carbonation penetration into concrete. ACI Mater. 1998;95(12):101–12.Google Scholar
- 13.Long W, Han N, Li D, et al. Research on chloride penetration resistance of phosphoaluminate cement concrete. In 4th international conference on the durability of concrete structures, 24–26 July 2014, Purdue University, West Lafayette, In, USA.Google Scholar
- 14.Wei Wang, Zhaohua Yi, Shiqun Li, et al. Sulfate resistance of novel phosphoaluminate cement. Chin Ceram Soc. 2008;36(1):82–7.Google Scholar
- 15.Liu Zhangsheng Hu, Jiashan Li Shiqun, et al. Study on the freezing resistance of phosphoaluminate cement. Chin Cement Eng. 2002;3:5–8.Google Scholar
- 18.Shiqun L, Guohui Z, Ning Z, et al. Study on hydraulic activity of aluminum-rich area in CaO–Al2O3–P2O5 system. Chin Ceram Soc. 1998;26(2):142–8.Google Scholar
- 19.Xing F, Zhang N, Ding Z, Liu B, Han NX, Wang WL, Li DW, Long WJ, Dong BQ, Wang XD. One type of ternary inorganic compound. China Patent, 201310733187.1. 2013-12-26.Google Scholar
- 24.Jiashan H. Phosphorus-aluminate binding material system. C.N. patent 1498870A, issued May 26, 2004.Google Scholar