Thermal stability assessment of a new energetic Ca(II) compound with ZTO ligand by DSC and ARC
- 65 Downloads
A new energetic Ca(H2O)6·(HZTO·2H2O)2 was crystallized in the monoclinic space group C2/c, and its thermal characteristics and kinetics were studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and accelerating rate calorimetry (ARC). DSC measurements showed one endothermic peak and one exothermic peak with decomposition occurring at 286.8, 290.5, 296.5, and 303.2 °C at different heating rates (2.5, 5, 10, and 20 °C min−1). The critical temperature of thermal explosion (Tb) and kinetics parameters were calculated; the results show that Ca(HZTO·2H2O)2·6H2O is stable below 273.1 °C. The thermal behavior of Ca(H2O)6·(HZTO·2H2O)2 under adiabatic condition was studied by ARC: The onset temperature was 185.7 °C, and the thermal decomposition ended at 228.2 °C within the time span of 458.1 min. In addition, thermokinetic parameters such as the activation energy Ea and pre-exponential factor A under adiabatic condition were also obtained.
KeywordsCa(H2O)6·(HZTO·2H2O)2 Crystal structure DSC ARC Thermal behavior
The authors gratefully acknowledge the financial support from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51773120), the Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong (Grant Nos. 2014A030313559, 2016A030313050, 2017A030310045), the National Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province for Vertical Coordination Project (No. 201642), the Nanshan District Key Lab for Biopolymers and Safety Evaluation (No. KC2014ZDZJ0001A), the Science and Technology Project of Shenzhen City (Grant Nos. JCYJ20170412105034748, CYZZ20150827160341635, and ZDSYS201507141105130), and the Top Talent Launch Scientific Research Projects of Shenzhen (827-000133). We are indebted to Dr. Zhang Chunyuan who studied in Beijing Institute of Technology for considerable assistance with ARC testing.
- 11.Song XX, Zhang S, Zhao GW, Zhang WD, Chen DP, Yang Q, Wei Q, Xie G, Yang DS, Chen SP, Gao SL. Ag(I)-based high-energy metal organic frameworks (HE-MOFs) incorporating coordinated moieties in channels: synthesis, structure and physicochemical properties. RSC Adv. 2016;6:93231–7.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.Guo JJ, Cao WL, Li SL, Miao KH, Song JR, Huang J. Synthesis and crystal structure of a two-dimensional sodium coordination polymer of 4,4′-(diazenediyl)bis(1H-1,2,4-triazol-5-one). Acta Cryst. 2016;C72:166–9.Google Scholar
- 29.Sheldrick GM. SHELXS-97 program for X-ray crystal structure determination. Göttingen: University of Göttingen; 1997.Google Scholar
- 30.Sheldrick GM. SHELXL-97 program for X-ray crystal structure refinement. Göttingen: University of Göttingen; 1997.Google Scholar
- 31.Brandenburg K. DIAMOND version 3.2 crystal impact. Bonn: GbR; 2012.Google Scholar
- 40.Hu RZ, Gao SL, Zhao FQ. Thermal analysis kinetics. Beijing: Science Press; 2008.Google Scholar
- 42.Liu Y, Yang Q, Chen LP, He ZQ, Lu Y, Chen WH. Thermal sensitivity of energetic materials characterized by accelerating rate calorimeter (ARC). Chin J Energy Mater. 2011;19:656–60.Google Scholar