Separation and determination of lithium in uranium products by a micro-column filled with actived Al2O3
- 12 Downloads
A method was applied in the separation and determination of trace lithium in uranium products. Separation and enrichment of lithium was carried out through a micro-column packed with activated Al2O3 in an alkaline environment, having the lithium adsorbed while the uranium flowed through the column. And a sulfuric acid solution was adopted to elute lithium. The relative standard deviation were in the range of 4.08–6.72% (n = 5). The accuracy was studied by adding 5 µg lithium to the actual samples and the recoveries were between 99.7 and 100.3%, which indicates that the method is reliable and in good precision.
KeywordsLithium Uranium products Separation Micro-column Actived Al2O3
This project was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 21761001), National Defense Basic Research Projects (No. JCKY2017401C005), Jiangxi Provincial Key Laboratory of Mass Spectrometry Science and Instrument Development Fund (JSMS2017014), Jiangxi provincial Department of Education (GJJ14484). The authors would like to thank Prof. Mingbiao Luo for his guidance and support on this work, and thanks to Dr. Zhifen Wang and Wenting Yu for their help.
- 2.Hanna B, Jonas E, Leif N, Merja H (2017) Electrodeposited Sb and Sb/Sb2O3 nanoparticle coatings as anode materials for li-ion batteries. Chem Mater 19:1170–1180Google Scholar
- 5.Jeon WA, Dong JK, Lhuyen TT, Myong JK, Tuti L, Tam T (2012) Recovery of lithium from Uyuni salar brine. Hydrometallurgy 117–118:64–70Google Scholar
- 13.Gabriella D, Nikoletta L, Ivett H, László B (2016) Solid sampling determination of magnesium in lithium niobate crystals by graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry. Spectrochim Acta Part B 16:1–5Google Scholar
- 14.Min SC, Hyung SS, Young WK (2010) Precise determination of lithium isotopes in seawater using MC-ICP-MS. Microchem J 2:274–278Google Scholar
- 16.Madeleine B, Sambuddha M, Nicholas SL, Henry E (2017) High precision determination of lithium and magnesium isotopes utilising single column separation and MC-ICPMS. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 32:93–104Google Scholar
- 17.Tetsuya Y, Yuichiro N, Yu H, Tomohiko M (2016) Investigating the influence of non-spectral matrix effects in the determination of twenty-two trace elements in rock samples by ICP-QMS. Geostand Geoanal Res 41:221–242Google Scholar
- 18.Pekka V, Johanna H, Matti N, Paavo P, Heli J (2008) Determination of boron and lithium in ferroelectric samples by ICP-OES and ICP-MS. Microchim Acta 164:217–224Google Scholar
- 24.Britta VW, Constantin L, Martin W, Sascha N (2016) Determination of lithium and transition metals in Li1Ni1/3Co1/3Mn1/3O2 (NCM) cathode material for lithium-ion batteries by capillary electrophoresis. Electrophoresis 38:540–546Google Scholar