Pollution characteristics and risk assessment of uranium and heavy metals of agricultural soil around the uranium tailing reservoir in Southern China
- 23 Downloads
For the first time the pollution of the paddy soil within 2 km around the uranium tailing reservoir was investigated. The concentrations of U, Cd, Cr, Pb, Cu, Zn, Hg and As were determined by ICP-MS. The study showed that there was severe pollution in the first area (within 0–1 km of the tailing reservoir), which was caused by Cd, As, U and Hg. The pollution level of the second area (within 1–2 km) was relatively low. Hg and As were the main pollutants. In the first area, the contamination degree and risk of elements were positively correlated with the distance from the tailing reservoir. The second area was less polluted and influenced by mining and human activities because of mountain barriers.
KeywordsHeavy metal Urban soil Uranium tailing Risk assessment Spatial distribution
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Fund Program (11375043); the Main Academic and Technology Leader Funding Program of Jiangxi Province (20172BCB22020).
- 4.Huang DJ, Xu WY, Zhou Q, Yang W (2007) Investigation report on human carcinogenesis caused by uranium mine radiation. Chin J Radiol Health 16:185–186Google Scholar
- 6.Xiang L, Liu PH, Zhang SM (2016) Characteristics of uranium content in surface water of a uranium mine in Eastern China. Earth Environ 44:455–461Google Scholar
- 7.Xiang L, Liu PH, Yang YY (2017) Contamination characteristics and health risk assessment of radionuclide uranium in rice of a uranium mine in East China. Resour Environ Yangtze Basin 26:419–427Google Scholar
- 9.Zhao J, Luo ZJ, Zhao Y, Ran FW, Jiang CY (2018) Spatial distribution and pollution assessment of heavy metals in farmland soils in Poyang Lake area. Acta Sci Circum 6:2475–2485Google Scholar
- 10.Li CF, Wang F, Cao WT, Wu QY (2017) Source analysis, spatial distribution and pollution assessment of heavy metals in sewage irrigation area farmland soils of Longkou City. Environ Sci 38:1018–1027Google Scholar
- 11.He JL, Xu GY, Zhu HM (2016) Study on background value of soil environment in Jiangxi Province. China Environ Sci Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 12.Ministry of Environmental Protection of the People’s Republic of China, Soil environmental quality standard for agricultural land. http://www.zhb.gov.cn/gkml/hbb/bgth/201603/t20160315_332881.htm. Accessed 10 Mar 2016
- 13.Wang YJ, Wu TL, Zhou DW, Chen HM (2017) Advances in soil heavy metal pollution evaluation based on bibliometrics analysis. J Agro-Environ Sci 36:2365–2378Google Scholar
- 14.Li WF, Ye YC, Zhu AF, Rao L, Sun K, Yuan J, Guo X (2017) Spatio-temporal variation of pH in cropland of Jiangxi Province in the past 30 years and its relationship with acid rain and fertilizer application. J Nat Resour 32:1942–1953Google Scholar