Photo-sensitive bio-based copolymer containing cholic acids: novel functional materials for 248nm photoresist
Cholic acid is a class of biological compounds that exhibit valuable properties, and have been applied in many fields due to its special chemical structures for many areas. In this study, poly[(methacrylic acid tert-butyl cholate ester)-co-(acetoxy styrene)] [P(MATC-co-AS)] was synthesized from cholic acid, then the final copolymer poly[(methacrylic acid tert-butyl cholate ester)-co-(p-hydrostyrene)] [P(MATC-co-HS)] was obtained after P(MATC-co-AS) was hydrolysized. The structure and properties of the copolymers were determined through nuclear magnetic resonance, gel permeation chromatography, UV spectrometry, thermogravimetric analysis, and differential scanning calorimetry. The ultraviolet spectra of the copolymers indicate that they exhibit excellent optical transmittance at 248 nm. Moreover, the photolithography performance of a positive-tone photoresist based on the copolymers were evaluated using an KrF laser exposure system. The results indicate that a resolution of 0.25 μm could be achieved at a low exposure dose.
KeywordsBio-based Cholic acid Photoresist Resolution
This work has been financially supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No.JUSRP51719A), the China Postdoctoral Foundation Project (No.2016M601712), and Postgraduate Research & Practice Innovation Program of Jiangsu Provence (No.KYCX217-1434, No.SJCX18_0619). Very thanks for Suzhou Rui Hong Electronic Chemicals Co., Ltd. and 13th Research Institute of China Electronics Technology Group Corporation for the Lithographic evaluations.
- 6.S. Chang, J. H. Yang, J. H. Chien, Y. D. Lee, Synthesis of a novel alkaline-developable photosensitive copolymer based on MMA, MAA, SM, and 2-HEMA-grafted GMA copolymer for an innovative photo-imageable dry-peelable temporary protective plastisol. J. Polym. Res. 20 (4) (2013) 115:1-11.Google Scholar
- 10.Sun YL, Li Q, Sun SM, Huang JC, Zheng BY, Chen QD, Sun HB (2015) Aqueous multiphoton lithography with multifunctional silk-centred bio-resists. Nat. commun 6(8612):1–10Google Scholar
- 20.Wu L, Hu F, Wang Q, Wang J, Wang L (2017) Preparation of a Kind of Positive Chemically Amplified Deep UV Photoresist Material with High Sensitivity. Chem. J. Chin. Univ. 38(5):896–901Google Scholar
- 22.H. Li, J. Liu,; X. Zheng, C. Ji, Q. Mu, R. Liu, X. Liu, Synthesis of chemically amplified photoresist polymer containing four (Meth) acrylate monomers via RAFT polymerization and its application for KrF lithography. J. Polym. Res. 23 (5) (2016) 102 1-7.Google Scholar
- 24.Li H, Liu J, Zheng X, Ji C, Mu Q, Liu R, Liu X (2016) Synthesis of a branched photosensitive copolymer and its application for negative-type photoresists. J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 133(3):1–7Google Scholar