The Wave Model of the Sturm–Liouville Operator on an Interval
- 7 Downloads
In the paper the wave functional model of a symmetric restriction of the regular Sturm-Liouville operator on an interval is constructed. The model is based upon the notion of the wave spectrum and is constructed according to an abstract scheme, which was proposed earlier. The result of the construction is a differential operator of the second order on an interval, which differs from the original operator only by a simple transformation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.M. S. Birman and M. Z. Solomyak, Spectral Theory of Self-Adjoint Operators in Hilbert Space, D.Reidel Publishing Comp. (1987).Google Scholar
- 14.A. N. Kolmogorov and S. V. Fomin, Elements of the Theory of Functions and Functional Analysis. Vol. 1, Metric and Normed Spaces, Graylock Press (1957).Google Scholar
- 15.M. A. Naimark, Linear Differential Operators, WN Publishing, Gronnongen, The Netherlands (1970).Google Scholar
- 17.S. A. Simonov, “Wave model of the regular Sturm–Liouville operator,” in: Proceedings of 2017 Days on Diffraction (2017), pp. 300–303.Google Scholar
- 19.M. I. Vishik, “On general boundary problems for elliptic differential equations,” Transl., Ser. 2, Amer. Math. Soc., 24, 107–172 (1963).Google Scholar