On the Cauchy Problem for the Wave Equation with Data on the Boundary
The Cauchy problem for the wave equation in Ω × ℝ with data given on some part of the boundary ∂Ω × ℝ is considered. A reconstruction algorithm for this problem based on analytic expressions is given. This result is applicable to the problem of determining a nonstationary wave field arising in geophysics, photoacoustic tomography, tsunami wave source recovery.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Isakov, Inverse Problems for Partial Differential Equations, 2nd ed., Applied Mathematical Sciences, 127, Springer (2006).Google Scholar
- 2.M. M. Lavrent’ev, V. G. Romanov, and S. P. Shishatskii, Ill-Posed Problems of Mathematical Physics and Analysis, AMS Transl. of Math., Monographs, 64 (1986).Google Scholar
- 11.A. S. Blagoveshchensky and F. N. Podymaka, “On a Cauchy problem for the wave equation with data on a time-like hyperplane,” in: Proceedings of the International Conference Days on Diffraction (2016), pp. 31–34.Google Scholar
- 15.R. Courant and D. Hilbert, Methods of Mathematical Physics: Volume II, Partial Differential Equations, Wiley Classics Edition (1989).Google Scholar
- 17.M. N. Demchenko, “Reconstruction of a solution to the wave equation from Cauchy data on the boundary,” in: Proceedings of the International Conference Days on Diffraction (2018), pp. 66–70.Google Scholar