Application of the Variational Method of Homogeneous Solutions for the Optimal Control of the Axisymmetric Thermoelastic State of a Cylinder
We propose a variational approach to the solution of the problem of optimization of a stationary axisymmetric thermal stressed state of a finite solid cylinder by controlling the distribution of volumetric heat sources. The proposed approach is based on the variational method of homogeneous solutions developed earlier for the solution of axisymmetric problems of the theory of elasticity for a cylinder. We study the influence of the height-to-radius ratio of the cylinder on the optimal values of the objective functional and the stressed state.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Vigak, Control of Temperature Stresses and Displacements [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.M. M. Drobinin and I. N. Boyarshinova, “On one procedure of optimal control over the process of cooling of products made of vitrifying polymers with an aim of lowering residual stresses,” Vest. Perm. Nats. Issled. Politekh. Univ., Prikl. Mat. Mekh., No. 10, 52–62 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.A. D. Kovalenko, Fundamentals of Thermoelasticity [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.R. M. Kushnir, V. S. Popovych, and A. V. Yasins’kyi, “Optimization and identification in the thermomechanics of inhomogeneous bodies,” in: Ya. Yo. Burak and R. M. Kushnir (editors), Modeling and Optimization in the Thermomechanics of Conducting Inhomogeneous Bodies [in Ukrainian], Vol. 5, Spolom, Lviv (2011).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Meleshko, Yu. V. Tokovyy, and J. R. Barber, “Axially symmetric temperature stresses in an elastic isotropic cylinder of finite length,” Mat. Met. Fiz.-Mekh. Polya, 53, No. 1, 120–137 (2010); English translation: J. Math. Sci., 176, No. 5, 646–669 (2011).Google Scholar
- 9.V. Chekurin and L. Postolaki, “Variational method of homogeneous solutions in the axisymmetric problem of the theory of elasticity for a piecewise-homogeneous cylinder,” Fiz.-Mat. Model. Inform. Tekhnol., Issue 24, 118–129 (2016).Google Scholar