Contact Problem for an Anisotropic Half Plane with Cracks
We propose an approach for the solution of a contact problem for an anisotropic half plane interacting with a plane smooth punch with regard for the contact of the crack faces. The stresses formed near the cracks in the anisotropic half plane are found on the basis of the method of integral equations. The kernels of the equations are constructed to guarantee the identical validity of the conditions imposed on the rectilinear boundary of the half plane, including the area under the punch. The influences of anisotropy and the contact of crack faces on the stress intensity factors are analyzed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Bozhydarnik and O. V. Maksymovych, Elastic and Limiting Equilibria of Anisotropic Plates with Holes and Cracks [in Ukrainian], Lutsk State Technical University, Lutsk (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.O. P. Datsyshyn, A. Yu. Hlazov, and A. B. Levus, “Specific features of contact of the faces of an edge crack under moving Hertzian loads,” Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater., 49, No. 5, 31–41 (2013); English translation: Mater. Sci., 49, No. 5, 589–601 (2014).Google Scholar
- 4.O. P. Datsyshyn and H. P. Marchenko, “Stressed state of a half plane with shallow edge crack under Hertzian loading (a survey),” Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater., 44, No. 1, 23–34 (2008); English translation: Mater. Sci., 44, No. 1, 22–34 (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.S. A. Kaloerov, E. V. Avdyushina, and A. B. Mironenko, Concentration of Stresses in Multiply Connected Isotropic Plates [in Russian], Donetsk Nat. Univ., Donetsk (2013).Google Scholar
- 6.S. G. Lekhnitskii, Anisotropic Plates, Gordon & Breach, New York (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.O. V. Maksymovych, S. V. Lavrenchuk, and T. Ya. Solyar, “Stress concentration near holes and a punch in an anisotropic half plane,” Prykl. Probl. Mekh. Mat., Issue 14, 76–84 (2016).Google Scholar
- 8.O. Maksymovych, “Determination of the stressed states of anisotropic plates with holes and curvilinear cracks with regard for the contact of their faces,” Visn. Ternop. Derzh. Tekh. Univ., 14, No. 3, 36–42 (2009).Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Panasyuk, O. P. Datsyshyn, and H. P. Marchenko, “Contact problem for a half plane with cracks subjected to the action of a rigid punch on its boundary,” Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater., 31, No. 6, 7–16 (1995); English translation: Mater. Sci., 31, No. 6, 667–678 (1996).Google Scholar
- 11.M. P. Savruk and A. Tomczyk, “Pressure with friction of a perfectly rigid die upon an elastic half space with cracks,” Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater., 46, No. 3, 5–15 (2010); English translation: Mater. Sci., 46, No. 3, 283–296 (2010).Google Scholar