Sound Radiation from Vehicles on the Right-Angle Bend of the Road
- 9 Downloads
We study sound radiation from vehicles moving on city roads with right-angle bends. The effect of wind on the acoustic field is taken into account. First, a solution to the problem of two-point noise sources moving in the opposite directions is found using the integral Fourier transforms over the space variables and time. The inverse transforms are approximately calculated by the stationary phase method. The solution to the general problem is obtained as a superposition of many partial solutions. The numerical analysis of the characteristics of traffic noise is carried out for the Textile Workers Avenue dual carriageway in the town of Łódź, Poland.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Kecs and P. P. Teodorescu, Introducere in Teoria Distributiilor cu Applicatii in Tehnica, Editura Tehnică, Bucureşti (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.J. D. Achenbach, Wave Propagation in Elastic Solids, North-Holland Publ., Amsterdam; Amer. Elsevier Publ., New York (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.Z. Engel, Environmental Protection Against Vibrations and Noise [in Polish], PWN, Warszawa (2001).Google Scholar
- 7.P. A. Morgan, P. M. Nelson, and H. Steven, Integrated Assessment of Noise Reduction Measures in the Road Transport Sector [TRL Limited/RWTÜV Fahrzeug GmbH], Project Report PR SE/652/03 (2003).Google Scholar
- 8.P. M. Morse and K. U. Ingart, Theoretical Acoustics, McGraw-Hill, New York (1968).Google Scholar
- 10.O. Piddubniak, N. Piddubniak, Ł. Kurek, and M. Dujka, “Sound car radiation from city crossroad”, in: DIPED-2009: Proc. 14th Internat. Sem. Workshop on Direct and Inverse Problems of Electromagnetic and Acoustic Wave Theory (Lviv, Sept. 21–24, 2009), Lviv (2009), pp. 261–266.Google Scholar
- 11.O. Piddubniak, N. Piddubniak, and M. Mądra, “Sound radiation from roadway with a right-angle winding”, in: DIPED-2012: Proc. 17th Internat. Sem. Workshop on Direct and Inverse Problems of Electromagnetic and Acoustic Wave Theory (Tbilisi, Sept. 24–27, 2012), Tbilisi (2012), pp. 188–194.Google Scholar
- 12.O. Piddubniak, N. Piddubniak, T. Teodorczyk, and J. Abramczyk, “Radiation of roadway noise in windy conditions”, in: DIPED-2009: Proc. 14th Internat. Sem. Workshop on Direct and Inverse Problems of Electromagnetic and Acoustic Wave Theory (Lviv, Sept. 21–24, 2009), Lviv (2009), pp. 253–260.Google Scholar
- 15.L. Wang, Mechanics of Asphalt: Microstructure and Micromechanics, McGraw-Hill, New York, etc. (2011).Google Scholar