On Dimensional Regularization in the Yang–Mills Theory
- 1 Downloads
We suggest an asymptotic approach to renormalization in the case of dimensional regularization. As an example, the quantum Yang–Mills theory in the four-dimensional space-time is considered. A formula for the renormalized effective action is derived by using the asymptotic behavior of the bare coupling constant. Then we discuss the dimensional transmutation, the process of renormalization, and the properties of the coupling constant.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.J. Zinn-Justin, Quantum Field Theory and Critical Phenomena, Clarendon Press (2002).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Weinberg, The Quantum Theory of Fields, Cambridge Univ. Press (1999).Google Scholar
- 6.N. N. Bogoliubov and D. V. Shirkov, Introduction to the Theory of Quantized Fields, Wiley (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.L. D. Faddeev and A. A. Slavnov, Gauge Fields: Introduction to Quantum Theory, Perseus Books (1991).Google Scholar
- 10.D. J. Gross, “Applications of the renormalization group to high-energy physics,” in: Methods in Field Theory: Les Houches Session XXVIII, World Scientific (1981), pp. 141–250.Google Scholar
- 14.L. D. Faddeev, Mass in quantum Yang–Mills theory: comment on a Clay Millenium problem, arXiv:0911.1013 (2009).Google Scholar