Signature of Ferromagnetic Phase at Low Temperature in Low-Doped La0.88Ca0.12MnO3 Single Crystal
- 37 Downloads
The confirmation of ferromagnetism at low temperature in a low-doped manganites system is always debatable. It is for the first time, electrical, magnetic, and thermal properties have been measured for manganites single crystal of La0.88Ca0.12MnO3 by using a floating-zone method. The electrical resistivity shows a perceptible change of resistance at a low temperature which can be viewed as a signature of the ferromagnetic phase. The ferromagnetic phase of the investigated La0.88Ca0.12MnO3 single crystal with Curie temperature of TC = 120 K which is in closed agreement with ac-susceptibility measurement. An analysis of the specific heat suggests the transition peak (TP) coincides with the TC and attains 1.2 J mol−1 K at 116 K. The magnetoresistance (MR) and temperature coefficient of resistance (TCR) were found to be 69% and 10% respectively, which expands its subtle potential for applications in spintronics and thermistor.
KeywordsManganites Single crystal Crystal growth Magnetic properties Specific heat
Authors are grateful to UGC DAE-CSR, Indore and IISER, Bhopal for providing experimental facilities. SPS would like to acknowledge UGC-SAP, New Delhi, India, for this work.
- 1.Rao, C.N.R., Raveau, B.: Colossal Magnetoresistance, Charge Ordering, and Related Properties of Manganese Oxides. World Scientific, Singapore (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Tokura, Y.: Colossal Magnetoresistive Oxides, 1st edn. Gordon and Breach Science, Singapore (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.van Aken, B.B., Meetsma, A., Thomas Palstra, T.M.: arXiv: Cond-mat/0105197v1 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Kumagai, K., Iwai, A., Tomioka, Y., Kuwahara, H., Tokura, Y., Yakubovskii, A.: J. Phys. Condens. Matter. 59, 97 (1999)Google Scholar
- 16.Pissas, M., Papavassiliou, G.: arXiv: cond-mat/0403543v1 (2004)Google Scholar