Effects of Co Element on the Structure, Magnetic, and Microwave Absorption Properties of La-Fe-B Alloys
- 10 Downloads
In order to understand the intrinsic properties of high abundance permanent magnet materials, effects of Co element on the structure, magnetic, and microwave absorption properties of La12.5(Fe1-xCox)81.3B6.2 alloys have been investigated with x = 0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3. The X-ray diffraction results revealed that compounds of La12.5(Fe1-xCox)81.3B6.2 crystallized the Nd2Fe14B-type structure with the space group P42/mnm. The saturation magnetization of the powders increases with the Co content increasing, 97.7 emu/g for x = 0.3. The minimum absorption peak value of La12.5(Fe1-xCox)81.3B6.2 alloy reaches about − 18.69 dB at 10.56 GHz with the matching thickness of 2.5 mm.
KeywordsPhase structure Magnetic properties Rare earths Microwave absorbing properties
This work was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundations of China (No. 51871066, No. 51761007, and No. 2016YFB0700901) and the Guangxi Natural Science Foundation (No. 2016GXNSFGA38001).
- 6.Susner, M.A., Conner, B.S., Saparov, B.I., et al.: Growth and characterization of Ce- substituted Nd2Fe14B single crystals. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 434, (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Fan, X., Shuai, G., Kan, C., et al.: Tuning Ce distribution for high performanced Nd-Ce-Fe-B sintered magnets. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 394, 419 (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.Xie, W., Cheng, H.F., Chu, Z.Y., et al.: Comparison of hollow-porous and solid carbon fibers as microwave sbsorbents[J]. Adv. Mater. Res. 7, 150 (2011)Google Scholar
- 15.Susner, M.A., Conner, B.S., Saparov, B.I., et al.: Growth and characterization of Ce- substituted Nd2Fe14B single crystals. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 434, (2015)Google Scholar
- 16.Ling, C., Cao, X., Shuai, G., et al.: Coercivity enhancement of Dy-free sintered Nd–Fe–B magnets by grain refinement and induction heat treatment. IEEE T. Magn. 51, 1 (2015)Google Scholar
- 17.Xu, Y., Yao, Q., Yang, P., et al.: The effects of La doping on the crystal structure, magnetic, and microwave absorption properties of Nd2Fe14B compound. J. Supercond. Nov. Magn. 1, (2018)Google Scholar
- 20.Zhang, M., Li, Z., Shen, B., et al.: Permanent magnetic properties of rapidly quenched (La, Ce) 2Fe14B nanomaterials based on La–Ce mischmetal. J. Alloys Compd. 144, (2015)Google Scholar
- 24.Liu, Z., Lin, W.C., Shih, C.W., et al.: Effect of Co addition on the microstructure and magnetic properties of Nd9.5Febal.CoxNb2.5Zr0.5B15 (x = 0, 10, 20) bulk magnets. J. Alloys Compd. 538, (2012)Google Scholar