The Effects of La Doping on the Crystal Structure, Magnetic, and Microwave Absorption Properties of Nd2Fe14B Compound
- 41 Downloads
The crystal structure, magnetic, and microwave absorption properties of the (Nd1−xLax)2Fe14B system have been investigated. The La2Fe14B compound was successfully synthesized and refined, giving a tetragonal structure, space group P42/mnm with the Nd2Fe14B-type structure. The crystal structure parameters of the (Nd1−xLax)2Fe14B compounds were determined by full-profile Rietveld refinements. The results revealed that all intermediate alloys form a continuous solid solution. The normalized lattice parameters of the (Nd1−xLax)2Fe14B compounds increase linearly with an increase of La concentration. Based on the results of DSC measurements and X-ray powder diffraction examinations, the phase diagram of the Nd2Fe14B-La2Fe14B system has been constructed. The remanence (Mr) and coercivity (Hc) of (Nd1−xLax)2Fe14B (x = 0.00, 0.10, 0.20, 0.30, and 0.40) gradually decrease. The highest reflection loss is − 29.8, − 27.4, − 24.1, − 18.6, and − 14.2 dB at 9.8, 8.9, 7.5, 6.9, and 6.5 GHz, respectively. The absorption peak shifts toward from higher frequency region to lower frequency region and the absorption bandwidth widens with the increase of the La substitution.
KeywordsCrystal structure Rare-earth compounds Magnetic properties Microwave absorption properties
This work was financially supported by the Natural Science Foundations of China (No. 51371061, No. 51761007, No. SQ2016YFGX090104, and No. 2016YFB0700901), Guangxi Natural Science Foundation (No. 2016GXNSFGA38001), and Innovation Project of Guang Xi Graduate Education (YCSW2018144).
- 13.Liu, X.B., Ma, Y.L., Altounian, Z., Zhang, Q.M., Liu, J.P.: First-principles survey on the doping of Ga in Nd2Fe14B. J. Appl. Phys. 115, 819 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Yao, Q.R., Shen, Y.H., Yang, P.C., Zhou, H.Y., Rao, G.H., Deng, J.Q., Wang, Z.M., Zhong, Y.: Structure, phase diagram and magnetic properties of Bi1−xLaxFeO3 solid solution. Ceram. Int. 42, 6102 (2016)Google Scholar
- 17.Jade 6.0: XRD Pattern processing. Materials Data Inc. (1999)Google Scholar
- 24.Rahm, M., Skorodumova, N.V.: Phase stability of the rare-earth sesquioxides under pressure. Rev. B Condens. Matter. 80, 756 (2009)Google Scholar
- 25.Atkinson, S.C.: Crystal Structures and Phase Transitions in the Rare Earth Oxides. University of Salford (2014)Google Scholar