Numerical Simulation of Shock Wave Generation for Ignition of Precompressed Laser Fusion Target
In this work, we investigate the formation of a converging shock wave in a homogeneous spherical target, whose outer layer was heated by a flux of monoenergetic fast electrons of a given particle energy. Ablation pressure generating the wave forms at spherical expansion of a layer of a heated substance, whose areal density remains constant throughout the entire heating process and equal to the product of the initial heating depth and density of the target. The studies are carried out based on numerical calculations using a one-dimensional hydrodynamic code as applied to ignition of a precompressed target by a shock wave (shock ignition), one of the most promising techniques of laser fusion ignition.
Keywordsgas dynamics ablation pressure converging shock wave inertial confinement fusion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Shcherbakov, Fiz. Plazmy, 9, 240 (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.N. V. Zmitrenko and O. R. Rahimly, Preprint No. 55 [in Russian], Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (2016); library.keldysh.ru/preprint.asp?id=2016-55.
- 6.X. Ribeyre, S. Yu. Gus’kov, J.-L. Feugeas, et al., Phys. Plasmas, 20, 062705 (2013).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Yu. Gus’kov, JETP Lett., 103, 494 (2016).Google Scholar
- 9.S. A. Gayfullin, A. V. Zakharov, N. V. Zmitrenko, et al., in: Packages of Application Programs. Computational Experiment [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983), p. 50Google Scholar
- 11.A. A. Samarskiy and Yu. P. Popov, Difference Methods for Solving Problems of Gas Dynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1992), p. 424.Google Scholar
- 12.K. P. Stanyukovich, Unsteady Motion of a Continuous Medium [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 13.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Fluid Mechanics, 2nd ed., (Landau and Lifshitz: Course of Theoretical Physics, Volume 6), Pergamon (1987).Google Scholar