Two general higher-order derivative free iterative techniques having optimal convergence order
- 10 Downloads
The principal objective of this study is to propose two derivative free iteration functions. Both are applicable to each earlier optimal multi-point derivative free scheme of order four and eight whose first sub step should be Steffensen’s type method to develop more advanced optimal iteration techniques of order eight and sixteen, respectively. Both schemes satisfy the Kung–Traub optimality conjecture. In addition, the theoretical convergence properties of our schemes are fully explore with the help of main theorem that demonstrate the convergence order. The performance and effectiveness of our optimal iteration functions have compared with the existing competitors on some standard academic problems. Finally, on the account of results obtained, our methods are find to be more efficient as compared to some standard and robust iteration functions of same order.
KeywordsComputational order of convergence Simple zeros Kung–Traub conjecture Scalar equations Steffensen’s type method
This work was supported by the Deanship of Scientific Research (DSR), King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, under Grant No. D-228-130-1439. The authors, therefore, gratefully acknowledge with thanks DSR for technical and financial support.
- 2.Q. Zheng, J. Li, F. Huang, An optimal Steffensen-type family for solving nonlinear equations. Appl. Math. Comput. 217, 9592–9597 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.H. Ren, Q. Wub, W. Bi, A class of two-step Steffensen type methods with fourth-order convergence. Appl. Math. Comput. 209, 206–210 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Z. Liu, Quan Zheng, P. Zhao, A variant of Steffensens method of fourth-order convergence. Appl. Math. Comput. 216, 1978–1983 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Q. Zheng, P. Zhao, F. Huang, A family of fourth-order Steffensen-type methods with the applications on solving nonlinear ODEs. Appl. Math. Comput. 217, 8196–8203 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.F. Soleymani, S. Shateyi, Two optimal eighth-order derivative-free classes of iterative methods. Abstract Appl. Anal. Article ID 318165, (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.A. Cordero, J.R. Torregrosa, A class of Steffensen type methods with optimal order of convergence. Appl. Math. Comput. 217, 7653–7659 (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.M.S. Petković, B. Neta, L.D. Petković, and J.Dz̆unić, Multipoint Methods for Solving Nonlinear Equations (Academic Press, Cambridge, 2012)Google Scholar
- 15.M.S. Petković, S. Ilić, J. Dz̆unić, Derivative free two-point methods with and without memory for solving nonlinear equations. Appl. Math. Comput. 217, 1887–1895 (2010)Google Scholar
- 17.R. Thukral, Eighth-order iterative methods without derivatives for solving nonlinear equations. Int. Sch. Res. Netw. Article ID 693787 (2011)Google Scholar
- 18.J.F. Traub, Iterative Methods for the Solution of Equations (Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1964)Google Scholar