Temperature Effects on Singularity Matching and Parity in a Superconducting Single-Electron Transistor
- 1 Downloads
In this paper, we present results demonstrating the effect of temperature on singularity matching (SM) tunneling down to 300 mK in superconducting single-electron transistors (SSETs). The studied SSETs have charging energies significantly larger than the Josephson energy, which makes it possible to study the SM condition without other sub-superconducting gap conduction mechanisms obscuring the SM signatures at low biases. The presence of parity in one such device has also allowed us to explore the effect of temperature on the effect of parity on SM features.
KeywordsSingularity matching Single-electron transistor Quasiparticles Parity
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program under Grant No. ECCS-1509087. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
- 2.K. Bladh, D. Gunnarsson, G. Johansson, A. Kack, G. Wendin, A. Aassime, M. Taslakov, P. Delsing, in Condensation and Coherence in Condensed Matter. Nobel Jubilee Symposium, 4–7 Dec 2001 (R. Swedish Acad. Sci., Sweden, 2002), p. 167Google Scholar
- 6.P. Wahlgren, R.J. Schoelkopf, A.A. Kozhevnikov, P. Delsing, D.E. Prober, T. Claeson, in International Workshop on Macroscopic Quantum Tunneling and Coherence, 10–13 June 1998 (Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, USA, 1999), p. 741Google Scholar
- 8.S.L. Pohlen, R.J. Fitzgerald, M. Tinkham, in 22nd International Conference on Low Temperature Physics, 4–11 Aug 1999 (Elsevier, Netherlands, 2000), p. 1812Google Scholar
- 16.H.C. George, A.O. Orlov, G.L. Snider, in 68th Device Research Conference, DRC 2010, June 21, 2010–June 23, 2010 (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., Notre Dame, IN, United states, 2010), p. 109Google Scholar
- 17.J. Niemeyer, PTB Mitt. 84, 251 (1974)Google Scholar
- 28.Y. Nakamura, C.D. Chen, J.S. Tsai, in 21st International Conference on Low Temperature Physics, 8–14 Aug 1996 (Inst. of Phys., Czech Republic, 1996), p. 3339Google Scholar