Stabilization and Dispersion of ZnO Nanoparticles in PVA Matrix
- 17 Downloads
In the present work ZnO nano particles have been synthesized and stabilized by polyvinyl alcohol, PVA, under in situ and ex situ condition and focused on the effect of reaction conditions on the stabilization and dispersion of ZnO nano particles in PVA. From particle size analysis it is evident that, the rate of agglomeration is slower for ex situ synthesis method. It was also observed that the peak has shifted towards lower diameter value of the nano particles. The synthesis of ZnO nano particle has further been established with UV–VIS peak at around 350 nm and morphology study by FESEM study. EDAX spectra exhibited that weight percent of ZnO NP formed is around 2.5%. Dynamic mechanical study and thermal study was also made with the samples. It has been observed that mechanical property under dynamic condition is better with ex situ samples and storage modulus is 1.7 times higher than the in situ sample. Thermal property of PVA has been improved with composite formation as the percent char has been increased in case of composites.
KeywordsZnO Nanoparticle Stabilization Dispersion Mechanical property Thermal property
We would gratefully acknowledge JIS College of Engineering for providing laboratory infrastructure for this work.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
There is no conflict of interest regarding the publication of this paper.
- 7.K.R. Reddy, K.P. Lee, A.I. Gopalan, J. Nanosci. 7, 3117–3125 (2007)Google Scholar
- 17.H. Karami, A. Mohammadi, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. 10, 7392–7408 (2015)Google Scholar
- 20.I. Restrepo, P. Flores, S.R. Llamazares, Polym.-Plast. Technol. 58, 105–112 (2019)Google Scholar
- 22.Z.L. Wang, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 16, R829–R858 (2004)Google Scholar
- 43.I. Esparza, M. Paredes, R. Martinez, A. Gaona-Couto, G. Sanchez-Loredo, L.M. Flores-Velez, O. Dominguez, Mater. Sci. Appl. 2, 1584–1592 (2011)Google Scholar