Fabrication of Pure Sb2S3 and Fe (2.5%): Sb2S3 Thin Films and Investigation Their Properties
- 37 Downloads
Pure Sb2S3 and Fe (2.5%): Sb2S3 thin films were synthesized on Zn2SnO4 coated with FTO conductive glasses using chemical bath deposition (CBD) technique. The X-ray diffraction (XRD) patterns obtained show that both thin films have an orthorhombic structure. Although the crystal structure of the two thin films was the same, the crystalline size of Fe (2.5%): Sb2S3 thin film (51.15 nm) was found to be smaller than that of pure Sb2S3 (52.89 nm). The effect of Fe-doped metal on crystal size of Sb2S3 was observed with this result. Another important observation is that the energy band gap of Fe (2.5%): Sb2S3 thin film (2.00 eV) is larger than that of pure Sb2S3 (1.89 eV). The photovoltaic properties of the synthesized thin films were examined by applying both incident photon-to-current efficiency (IPCE) and current density (J)–voltage (V) measurements. The obtained IPCE(%) values at 600 nm for pure Sb2S3 and Fe (2.5%): Sb2S3 thin films are 30.29 and 49.06, respectively. Using the J–V curves, the calculated η (%) values for pure Sb2S3 and Fe (2.5%): Sb2S3 thin films are 3.95 and 5.44, respectively. Based on the data obtained from both measurements, it was observed that the Fe dopant significantly enhance the performance of the Sb2S3-based solar cell devices.
KeywordsDoping Energy band gap Particle size Photovoltaic Synthesis Thin film
This study supported by the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey. (TUBITAK) (Project Number: 117F193).
- 2.S. Horoz, H. KoÇ, Ö ŞAhİN, Investigation of structural, optical and photovoltaic properties of Sb2S3 thin films. J. Phys. D Appl. Phys. 38, 588–593 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.F. Ezema et al., Optical properties and structural characterizations of Sb2S3 thin films deposited by chemical bath deposition technique. Turk. J. Phys. 31(4), 205–210 (2007)Google Scholar
- 15.S. Srikanth et al., Effect of annealing temperature and deposition time on Sb 2S s3 thin films. J. Optoelectron. Adv. Mater. 12, 2075–2081 (2010)Google Scholar
- 16.N. Habubi, S. Chiad, A.M.E. Ibrahim, Annealing effect on the optical properties of Sb2S3 thin films. J. Univ. Anbar Pure Sci. 5, 18–22 (2011)Google Scholar
- 21.S. Mushtaq et al., Nickel antimony sulphide thin films for solar cell application: study of optical constants. Nat. Sci. 8, 33–40 (2016)Google Scholar
- 25.S. Nar, O. Sahin, S. Horoz, Determination optimum ni concentration in Zn2SnO4/Ni-Doped Sb2S3 thin films with different ni concentrations using incident photons to current efficiency (IPCE) and current density (J)-voltage (V) measurements. Chalcogenide Lett. 15, 491–497 (2018)Google Scholar