Fabrication of Polyaniline–La2O3 Composite Nanofibers Showing Effective Control of Morphology, Electrical Conductivity, and Thermal Stability
- 31 Downloads
Polyaniline (PANI) modified La2O3 composites were successfully prepared by progressively varying the loading of La2O3 (0.005–1.00 g). The diameter of PANI nanofibers was varied and remained in the range of 33–53 nm with the variation of La2O3 loading. TEM images revealed that PANI surface was wrapped by the La2O3 particle. The conductivity of PANI–La2O3 composite nanofibers was greater than PANI. Nevertheless, the value was almost similar for 0.25 g loading and was provided inconsistent conductivity for the highest two loadings (0.50 g and 1.00 g of La2O3). Highest conductivity of 3.484 S cm−1 was identified for the lowest addition of La2O3 (0.005 g). TGA data revealed the greater thermal stability of PANI–La2O3 composite nanofibers as compared to PANI, except for lowest and highest loaded samples which were a bit less thermally stable. The aforementioned results suggested that PANI–La2O3 composites might be a promising material for biological and semiconductor device applications.
KeywordsPolyaniline–La2O3 composites Nanofiber Morphology Electrical conductivity Thermal stability
We wish to express our gratitude to the School of Chemical Science, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) for providing the instrumental facilities. M. M. Rahman Khan acknowledges TWAS and USM for financial support.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 33.J. Wang, Z. Sun, Y.-F. Wen, D.-M. Yang, Acta Chimi. Sinica. 65, 2793 (2007)Google Scholar
- 36.J.M.H.A. Kurdhani, H. Wang, X. Zhou, Chem. Mater. Res. 10, 51 (2018)Google Scholar
- 44.M.M. Rahman Khan, Y.K. Wee, S.U. Ahmed, M. Naher, M. Younus, W.A.K. Mahmood, Int. J. Chem. React. Eng. 16, 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- 45.R. Ansari, M.B. Keivani, E. J. Chem. 3, 202 (2006)Google Scholar
- 49.M.R. Nabid, M. Golbabaee, A.B. Moghaddam, R. Dinarvand, R. Sedghi, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. 3, 1117 (2008)Google Scholar